Unable to click on shop items with Ipad

Hi,

I’ve set up a WooCommerce shop on my Talon site, which I’m currently testing before going live. Everything works fine except you can’t click on items when using an Ipad. The problem isn’t reproduced in developer mode on Ipad, only with an actual Ipad.

I disabled all plugins and PHP snippets which worked on the shop and it still happened. When I disable Talon the problem resolves.

The shop address is;

I’d be really grateful for any advice you may have!

Thanks

Gwion

Hi,

I believe your issue is caused by a conflict between the theme and the Q2W3 Fixed Widget I see you’re using.

Please try adding this in Customize > Additional CSS which my testing shows it should resolve the issue:

@media ( max-width: 1199px ) {
     .widget-area { clear: both; }
}

Though ideally you’ll check if it’s possible to disable the plugin for tablets and phones.

Vlad

Brilliant! Thanks for helping so soon.

I’ll try this tonight when I have access to an Ipad.

Thanks

Gwion

Hi Vlad

Your CSS worked - all is well now!

What exactly has this code done? Will it affect any other functions?

I disabled the sticky widget plugin and the problem was still there until I put your code in.

Thanks

Gwion

Hi,

Could be a different issue if it’s not the sticky plugin. Initially I suspected a mix between Talon, the sticky plugin and the grid products plugin.

Anyway, the code is just CSS and that property is pretty harmless, it just stops the sidebar from going over the content, which was what was happening, even though it was not visible.

Vlad

Hi Vlad

Brilliant - thanks for clarifying, you’ve been a great help.

Kind regards

Gwion