Unable to change header image - Sydney Pro

Hi there, I’m currently building a site for our charity and have loved working with the Sydney pro theme. There is one error however, that I have yet to find a way around. I’d rather not log into CPanel and do a file-switch, but will do so if it’s the only solution.

I’m trying to replace the generic header image that comes with the theme (Homepage uses Crelly Slider which works fine), but when I go into Customise -> Header -> Header Media -> Add New Image I’m able to select the file I want but get an error message any time I try to complete the “crop” stage and the stock header image is restored.

I’ve tried manipulating my image to the recommended 1920 x 1080, as well as trying all allowed image formats (.JPG, >PNG etc.) and have had no joy.

Any advice or workaround you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Hello Matt,

Can you please provide the text of that error message?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
The error message shows my image file name then says “There has been an error cropping your image”.

I have no option to skip the cropping process, even when I edit my image to precisely fit the “recommended dimensions”.

It’s certainly a strange issue, and again, I CAN fix it by replacing the default file in the root directories for the site, but I’d rather get this working properly.

Thanks also for your quick response, and apologies for my delayed reply. I’m in Australia and we had a national holiday yesterday!

Hello Matt,

Looks like it might be caused by old PHP version. Please check this topic:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/there-has-been-an-error-cropping-your-image-4/

You can check WordPress Requirements on this page:
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have a similar issue with trying to replace the header images. I receive the same error. Also, I am unable to change any of the images in the front page slider. It allows me to upload the image, but after saving and trying to close the page it asks if I want to sat or leave the page…essentially saying the changes have not been saved. On occasions, the screen simply goes completely blank. This has only started recently, in the last week or so…never had an issue before. Any suggestions?

Hello Sturmar,

Did you check if your hosting matches WordPress requirements?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
You are correct. The issue was caused by a PHP version conflict between our hosting server and Wordpress. All resolved now so please feel free to close this thread, and thanks again both for your support and for an awesome suite of themes to work with :slight_smile:

You are welcome Matt! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.