Two things in Front Page widgets

Hello,

Is it possible to translate (or give the option to do it somewhere, so it’s not lost during update) the text “See all our news” from the FP widget ?

Still in the Front Page, the Widget Social show the icons but if we provide a title, it’s not displayed. I would like to.

Thanks for this and thanks for your theme. Really nice job.
Sébastien

Hello,

Wait a bit please for an update to the theme and I’ll fix the title for the social widget. I also want to regenerate the .pot file.

Alright, an update is available and it fixes the social title.
For the translation part, I’m not sure if you noticed but the theme provides a .pot file in the languages folder from which you can generate your translation files, just like any other theme.

Great. Thanks.

But for the .pot, it’s changed at every update ?
I put this but it does not work :

msgid "See all our news"
msgstr “Voir toute la FAQ”

Am I wrong? :slight_smile: .pot is new for me

Thanks !

The .pot file is changed on update, yes. But you’re not translating that one. You need to generate .po and .mo files from that .pot file using Poeditor (free) or another similar software.

This explains it well: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/tools/poedit/

If it doesn’t work, that means you don’t have the French language defined so you would need add this define (‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’); to your wp-config file (it’s a WordPress file, not a theme file) - be careful with this, first check if WPLANG isn’t already defined.

And this is not deleted by updates…
Fantastic :slight_smile:
Works well !

Thank you !!

Hey, I have one strange thing :
In the FP, I added a callto action module, and it takes the background of a previous one.
The first have an image background, the second a video, and this one nothing in the setup, but it takes the image…

Hello,

Yeah, currently this happens if you use the same section multiple times with background images.
I’ll change that behaviour in the next update.
Meanwhile, please add this to a custom CSS plugin to get a white background for that section:

section:nth-of-type(7) {
   background: #fff;
}

Let me know if you want it differently, like a background image or something and I’ll give you the code for that.

Thanks
I can wait another update, it’s no problem.
But I keep this in case.

About the translation, I see another thing : on the contact widget, the text (for phone) is Phone:
But when I translate it in the .po (that works for the other things), it stays “Phone:”.
Is this coming from another place ?

Thanks

This is already on the update list. I’ll start doing the update tomorrow morning and it should be available later tomorrow because it’s going to be minor, mostly bugfixes and some color options.

The thing is that the textdomain is wrong for the contact widget. It uses a random name I gave for the theme in development mode, which for some reason wasn’t changed.

You can edit the contact-info.php file and change phone directly there until tomorrow and after the update you won’t have to do anything since you already changed it in the .po file.

Forgot to mentio: search for __('Phone: ', 'agencia') in the contact-info.php file and replace Phone with your word.

OK nice, well it’s not urgent no problem.
Nice. Thanks