Two same widgets with different content?

Hello.

Is it possible to use two same widgets (i.e. services widget) and to have different content in both of them?
I have used two services widget but content from one is duplicated to other.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes you can. There’s the Offset option in the services widget for example. You can add your widget one time and set it to display 3 posts, then add it again and set the offset to 3 and it will ignore the latest 3 posts and display the ones that follow.

Hi,

Yes you can. There’s the Offset option in the services widget for example. You can add your widget one time and set it to display 3 posts, then add it again and set the offset to 3 and it will ignore the latest 3 posts and display the ones that follow.

Thank you Vlad.
It works.

I cannot see the Offset option in the services widget. Is this only available in the pro version

Nope, it’s there in both versions. Have another look please.

I have. I see a line that says "Number of services to show (-1 shows all of them): " but that just seems to determine how many services are shown. If I set to 3 and I have four service page I just see the latest 3. If there something I can do like enter -3 to ignore the oldest 3?

You just have to use the Offset option like I’ve explained above. Here’s where the option is located: http://snag.gy/cMyjP.jpg

I don’t see that option. Here is what I get:

Thanks for helping me on this.

Are you using Astrid? That looks like the form for Sydney.
I think you’re in the wrong forum :slight_smile:

Sorry, yes the Sydney theme. I was in the Sydney theme and searched there to “two services” or something like that and did not look where the results took me, assuming I would stay in the same theme. I guess a bad assumption.

So in Sydney I cannot have two service block with different services?

See this video for Moesia please, it works the same for Sydney: https://athemes.com/documentation/moesia/#category

OK, I looked at the video but I don’t see any category column when doing the bulk edit on the Services page. I am using the sydney-settings.xml. Should I be import the settingV10.xml?

Sorry to be such a bother and I really appreciate you working with me.

I don’t know why you’re missing the categories. I suggest you delete the Types plugin and install our new plugin for Sydney instead: https://wordpress.org/plugins/sydney-toolbox/
You just have to install it and that’s it, no importing of setting or anything. Just make sure Types is deactivated, otherwise it won’t do anything.

I had the sydney-tool box installed but also the Types plug-in, as directed when I installed Sydney. I have deleted the Types plugin and left the v1.01 Sydney toolbox installed.

Perhaps they interfered with each other?

Sydney Toolbox doesn’t do anything when Types is active. Doesn’t even show up as recommended. This is how we’ve done it in order to not confuse existing users with a plugin that they don’t need if they already have Types.

I understand. But with Types I had to add the category to the service post type manually to get it going yesterday. Now i have removed Type and left Sydney-tool box in place. It seems to be working.

Thanks again for all your help.