Two lay out questions

Hi there,

I’m back again :wink:

But I actually have two questions:

1. Can I change the width of my blog posts?
  2. I would like to have the overall color (so the one of the boxes etc. on the homepage, letter color of the menu etc.) black, but I also want to be able to set separate colors for the menu text, widget tekst and footer text. Is that possible?

Looking forward to your response.

Alexandra

Hello,

1. What posts are you referring to? Singles or?
  2. Change the color scheme to black and add this to a custom CSS plugin:

.widget-title, .widgettitle, .entry-thumb, .author-name, .site-header, .page-header, blockquote {
  border-color: #F97D7D;
}
.main-navigation a, .social-navigation li a, .entry-title a:hover, .widget-title, .widgettitle, .social-widget li a::before, .author-social a, .view-all, .view-all a {
  color: #F97D7D;
}

Change #F97D7D to the color you want and let me know if it’s alright, or if I misunderstood what you were asking :slight_smile:

Hello,

Yes, the second thing is what I meant, thanks!

For the first point: I would like it if my blogposts (example: http://ilumuoti.nl/other-stories-as-davik/) were a bit wider, so my photos can be displayed a bit bigger. Can I do that?

One other thing: can I remove the black line underneath my header?

Oh, and can I also edit the footer widget colors apart from the sidebar widgets? O:)

You could increase the width of the post, but you would have to decrease the size of the sidebar. Would you like to do that?

This is for the border and for the footer widgets:

.site-header {
   border: 0;
}
.footer-widget-area .widget,
.footer-widget-area .widget a {
  color: #fff;
}

Thank you for the codes, but the footer code does only change the text and not the header, can I change that as well?

It’s no problem if I will have to decrease the size of the sidebar! :slight_smile:

Sorry for all my questions by the way :expressionless:

Sure, sorry, I thought you meant only the text. Use this instead:

.site-header {
   border: 0;
}
.footer-widget-area .widget,
.footer-widget-area .widget a,
.footer-widget-area .widget-title {
  color: #fff;
  border-color: #fff;
}

For the sidebar use this:

.widget-area {
   width: 360px;
}
.content-area {
   width: 750px;
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 1199px) {
   .content-area {
      width: 550px;
    }
}

So the amount you decrease from the sidebar is the amount you add to the content area in both places. So if you change your sidebar to 260px, then you would have 850px and 650px instead of 750 and 550.

Ahh, thanks a lot!