Two contacts in footer?

My temporary test site www.houserocket.co.uk has a footer with three sections on the right; a “house”, an “email” and a “telephone”.

I don’t need the “house” section but I would like to put two contacts into the telephone section. Is this possible?

Also the email section is too narrow to take the full email address on one line. Can it be made wider when the “house” section is taken out?

looking at this Modifying Margins for Footer Contact Info suggests a method of increasing the “email” section width, which seems to be called “.footer-contact-block”

What are the “house” and “telephone” sections called?

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.footer-contact > .footer-contact-block {
      width: 50% !important;
    }

.footer-contact > .footer-contact-block:nth-of-type(1) {
      display: none;
    }

This selector (.footer-contact > .footer-contact-block:nth-of-type(1)) is for the home part on the most left.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks. The second part removed the house/home section and the first part I had to increase to 60% to make the email address all on one line.

What about getting two names and two telephone numbers in the right most part? I can get them in but how do I force line breaks?

Add -break- for your contact number separator.

Then do the below steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box
    ;(function($) {

if( $('.footer-contact-block:last-child span').length ) {

oldhtml = $('.footer-contact-block:last-child span').html();
       var newhtml = oldhtml.replace(/-break-/g, '<br />');
       $('.footer-contact-block:last-child span').html(newhtml);

}

})(jQuery);
  1. Update

Regards,
Kharis

That worked. Terrific. Thanks.

Great! You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis