Trying to reduce the size of my side borders on my forum plugin

I set the elementor option to force wide screen as shown in the pictures but it won’t let me reduce the size more.

for example, setting a narrow border does not show it on the published document, this is narrow
https://forums.athemes.com/uploads/db8325/original/2X/6/660e3f6ecf21878df359068425c227337c9659ff.jpeg

they all look like this regardless of option
https://forums.athemes.com/uploads/db8325/original/2X/b/bf5b53b7de5a194888a29eaa294eae373a486fc3.jpeg

Hello there,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

html,
    body {
      overflow-x: hidden;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

hi kharis, thank you for your help. I tried but it seemed like it did not do anything.

Hello there,

I am viewing the source code of your site and I don’t find the code I suggested has been applied. Would you please add it again and keep it remains there?

Regards,
Kharis

hi kharis,

isn’t this what you wrote, or maybe my mistake

html,
    body {
      overflow-x: hidden;
    }

@kharisblank

Could you take a look there please, i thought i did it but maybe not? it does not look different

@kharisblank

It isn’t resolved yet. Should i make a new question?

Hello there,

I am sorry for the delay. Please share me a link to the actual page. So I can check and inspect which CSS code that would correct to suggest.

Regards,
Kharis

No problem. Thank you for the continued support

Thank you for sharing.

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

body.wpforo div.content-wrapper.container .elementor-widget #wpforo-wrap {
      padding-left: 0 !important;
      padding-right: 0 !important;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

thank you, but it looks like the 2 sub forums, korea and china have different padding than the main esl forum. is there a way to make them the same?

also is there an update on this

thank you, but it looks like the 2 sub forums, korea and china have different padding than the main esl forum. is there a way to make them the same?

I found there’s different column padding in your elementor. Please edit the row or column which wraps the forum widgets and set the consistent padding.

Regards,
Kharis

thanks, but what is different? it looks the same

Hello there,

Padding option is inside the Advanced tab. Do they look the same?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi kharisblank.

It looks the same as far as i can tell?

Probably the padding is on the widget (inside section) itself. Have you chcked it as well?

Regards,
Kharis

i see, i’m not sure. i could not figure it out unfortunately

is there any update on this too?

@kharisblank risblank i would really appreciate some support on this. Thank you

i see, i’m not sure. i could not figure it out unfortunately

.elementor-element-5f5819ca .elementor-element-populated {
      padding-left: 5px !important;
      padding-right: 5px !important;
    }

is there any update on this too?

I just wrote you a reply there already.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you. it worked on one, but my china forum seems to be exactly the same