Trying to download layout demo

Hi,
I recently downloaded from the website the Astrid demo (that is really awesome at the first sight), then i followed the instructions here in this link “Quick start guide - Astrid - aThemes Knowledge Base” but when i try to download “manually” the layout demo content from here “http://athemes.com/?wpdmdl=204408” i get always this error message “Invalid File Type (astrid-demo-content.xml)!”. Then i try to download it, automatically, by the plugin and the answer is “There are no predefined import files available for this theme. Please upload the import files manually below.”, i checked the astrid website and i really like it, can you please help me out?
very appreciated.
Michele

Hi Michele,

First off, thank you for using our theme.

I’ll pass this to our website’s manager to investigate this issue further and fix it shortly.

Meanwhile, you can get the demo file for Astrid from this link.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,
thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I downloaded the xml file and imported it properly in the theme on my local demo astrid but i’m still not able to see the astrid website like the one in the demo. Is the widgets working in the demo version of the astrid theme? (just like the ones in the demo main page)
thanks in advance.
Michele

Hi Michele,

I am sorry about the delayed response.

Try these steps, please:

1. Install and enable the One Click Demo Import plugin
  2. Go to the Appearance menu > Import Demo Data; and hit the Import Demo Data button.

I’d request giving it a try and let me know whether it works for you or not.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

hi Kharis,
thanks for the patience, i already did all that steps but still no luck to make it work liek the demo one.
I work locally on my pc, after installed the oneclick demo and imported only the xml file i got from the link you sent me (one click demo import asks me also for DAT and JSON files but i don’t have it) but still no luck to make it work like the demo on the website. is it all enough to make it work?
In my local clean installation i still can’t see the widgets (like the demo, projects widgets) working properly, i was trying to see it works adding by myself a project widget but no luck too.
Maybe it doesn’t work in local installations or it doesn’t work in demo theme?

thanks a lot for your patience.
Michele

Hi Kharis,

I just tried it again and found out the reason it wasn’t working. Thanks again for your patience.

sincerely
Michele

1 Like

So you got the demo import working properly for you? Please confirm.

Let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

yes it works properly. Thanks again for your patience and time.
sincerely,
Michele

1 Like

You’re welcome Michele!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support