Trouble with Header Image

Hi,

I keep getting a phantom title dropping into my header image. I have nothing in the title field, yet I keep getting a little box with a question mark dropping into my header image when the page loads. Can you please advise on how to get rid of that?
/Users/karinamcgee/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 7.01.23 PM.png

Also, on the header size, I keep choosing “contain”, but it keeps showing up as cover. Any solutions there?

Thank you, Kari

Hello Karina,

Can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me inspect it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, I haven’t published the site yet. Is it possible to send you a screen shot?

Hello Karina,

I don’t think that screenshot will be enough.

But you may provide it, I can take a look.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Okay, I published so you can look at it: kariazuma.com.

Thank you!

Hello Kari,

1. Please go to your DashboardAppearanceCustomizeWelcome Area → remove welcome logo → click Save & Publish button.

2. As far as I can see it’s contain now, have you already resolved this issue?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

There must be a bug because there is no logo selected in the welcome area, it’s completely empty. Yet, if yay go to my site, the header image is still having a box with a question mark drop into the center.

Please advise. Thank you.

Kari

Hello Kari,

Can you please try to add some welcome logo, save your changes, then remove it and see if it helps?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, that didn’t seem to work. It looks like maybe it’s not even the logo, but the text that would normally drop into the header. I don’t see where to repair that though. Any advice?

Also, I have another issue. The mobile view on the customizer is not matching the mobile view on my phone, which actually looks quite bad. How can I get it to look better on the responsive, mobile view- the same way it looks in the preview on the customizer?

Thank you,
Kari

Hello Kari,

1. Please try to use the following CSS code in order to hide the welcome logo.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

img.welcome-logo {
    display: none;
}
  1. Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots to illustrate your mobile issues?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.