Transparent background for menu button drop down

Hi There,

Kharis and Roman have kindly assisted us to turn our web and mobile menu into a button, we used this topic: How to turn web main menu into a drop down like mobile . So that all worked. But what we want to do is to make the menu drop down background transparent, is this possible at all? Currently it is a dark grey, but we would like to to be completely transparent if possible?

Our URL is: www.luxestudio.co.za

Many thanks

Best,
Mel

Hello Mel,

Please try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

#mainnav-mobi ul.sub-menu {
      background-color: transparent;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Many thanks for your reply, very much appreciated :slight_smile:

For some reason it didn’t work :frowning: did I do something wrong?

This is what it looks like after I put the CSS coding in:

Best,
Mel

Hello Mel,

Background color of sub-menus are already darker and there’s no difference with other main menus background. Perhaps I didn’t get your query correctly. Should I request you to elaborate it?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Many thanks for this. So what we want to do with the menu is have the darker grey background colour gone and the menu totally transparent with a white border so that when someone opens the menu they can see the background images of the site. So I have tried to explain what we need on this diagram :slight_smile: I really hope it helps

Our URL is: www.luxestudio.co.za
Best Mel

Hi Kharis,

Apologies, our website has been on coming soon mode, it is now open just in case you have time to look at the above issues

Many thanks

Best,
Mel

Hi Kharis,

Sorry me again. I am not sure what the lead time is on support tickets, so have put my site under password protection so that it doesn’t stand open :slight_smile: When you have time, this is the password: Luxe@2020!

Best,
Mel

Hello Mel,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

#mainnav-mobi {
      background-color: transparent;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support