Translation of meta-posts not working with Poedit neither with Loco Translate

Hi !
Hope your are doing well today :slight_smile:)
following your advices on different posts here, I tried to translate Posted on & in, both with Poedit (then .mo sent via FTP), and with the plugin you suggest : Loco Translate, both without success.
I just need to translate these 2 meta-informations on this website www.severineautin.com
Please any other idea ?
Thanks a lot
SĂ©ve

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I can confirm that it’s a known bug that has been fixed in the latest version of Sydney Pro which has a lot of design refresh. Its update history is documented in this page. If you don’t wont to switch to SP 2, for the solution of the language issue, follow these instructions and use this .pot file.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
thanks for your answer.
So i followed exactly what you wrote. Then opened the file .pot, created a .po, translated the few words, and saved as a .mo. Then sent both .po & .mo to sydney-pro-ii/languages (where sydney.pot is).
Why is it not working then, according to you ?
Thanks for your advice.
Regards,
SĂ©verine

So the old .pot file hasn’t yet been replaced? What’ll happen if you delete all files in the languages folder and put a new .pot file from here, and start retranslating?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
well it is a bit better : only one translation is taken into account, the “posted in” but not the “posted on”… as you can see here -> https://www.severineautin.com/blog-en-communication-digitale/
Really strange.
By the way is it correct : the language folder I deleted is this one = wp-content > themes > sydney-pro-ii > languages

Regards,
SĂ©verine

Hello SĂ©verine,

By the way is it correct : the language folder I deleted is this one = wp-content > themes > sydney-pro-ii > languages

Yes correct. Though it shouldn’t be touched – it’s just for correction.

Pleas share your final .pot file to gist.github.com and post the link to it here, so I can check and reproduce it in my test site.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis :slight_smile:
well, here it is : https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bd550109b06c09a930e178d7d3c23c4b
I don’t understand why it should be different from the one you spoke about above (the 4th message)…
Anyway, I trust you !
Regards,
SĂ©verine

Hello kharis,
so what do you think goes wrong ?..
I look forward to your answer;
Regards.

Hello there,

After doing deeper inspection, the code which handles post meta translation should be corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience. It’ll be permanently fixed in the next version release.

Regards,
Kharis