Translate the sentence in the slider

Hi, I am using the very nice SYDNEY theme for a multi language page. The page is actually in italian and english and I am using the WPML plugin to have it multilingual. I managed to translate correctly everything except:

• the sentence displayed in the slider
  • the button under the slider
  • I created a picture gallery and the text under every picture is only in one language. Can’t have it in two languages

Is there any way to sort this out?

My page is:
www.garda-lake-holiday.com

Thanks
Christian

Hi,

Sorry, the theme wasn’t tested with WPML so can’t really help you here.

Any other way I can have the slider and the button underneath display text in more than one language?

Nothing I can think of at the moment, but we do plan to build in some support for the Polylang plugin which will let you do this.

Has anyone found a solution for this?
I am thinking, maybe it would be possible to make a copy of slider.php (slier2.php, slider3.php) and then use IF conditional to use different .php files depending on selected language?
I have the idea, but i don’t know if it would work. Could someone help me on this?
I really would like to make translations to slider texts.

I haven’t had a chance to implement this in the theme yet.

What would need to happen is this:

• register the strings that need to be translated in Polylang;
  • echo the strings in the slider function using pll_e and they should show based on language selection. The slider function is pluggable so it can be easily overwritten from a child theme, at least for now.

I’ll look into it today or tomorrow.

Vlad, have You had a chance to look at it?
I tried to register strings and echo the translations, but all i get is a ranslated string at the top of the page, not as a slide text.

I just tested and it works fine.
I registered a string, then in slider.php this: <h2 class="maintitle"><?php echo esc_html(get_theme_mod('slider_title_1', 'Welcome to Sydney')); ?></h2>
will become this:
<h2 class="maintitle"><?php pll_e('Welcome to Sydney'); ?></h2>

I registered the string like this
pll_register_string('teststring', 'Welcome to Sydney');

Thank You, Vlad!
I guess I was doing something wrong :slight_smile:
Now everything is perfect!

Hi Vlad,

sorry that I’m reactivating that discussion, but I have the same problem. I’m using Polylang with two languages (German and English) and it works fine except with the slider. Is the Polylang support already implemented and I did’t find it?

Thanks in advance!