Translate header text in west with polylang

Hi,

I’m using west with polylang. I choosed west beacause it was translation ready. I would like to translate the header text and the buttons of the front page but I can’t find the string in the settings of polylang.
I have read many posts on that subject in the forum, but I wasn’t able to find a solution by myself.
Can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

Hi,

First, edit those strings from the Customizer so you’ll have something else rather than the defaults. Then you can go to Polylang and you’ll find them there.
Translation ready has nothing to do with Polylang by the way, it just means that all strings from the theme are ready for translation, not ready for multilanguage :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

So I edit the section header in customizer, but when i come back in polylang strings translation i’ve got everything for the SEO and site title and tagline but nothing for header text…

Hello,

I suggest you to visit Polylang Documentation, it is very extensive. I think that you will most likely find the answer there.

Best Regards, Roman.

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion, but I also visit the polylang documentation and don’t really find a way.
I just want to know if the header text can be translate on every home page with west theme and if yes, where can i do it ?

Yeah, just realized that we’re missing a bit of code for the Polylang compatibility. Will update it in the next days.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Maybe some solution in the polylang?

It’s fixed thanks very much

I am having the same problem but in the other. Is it really fixed? Could you find it in the string translation?