Touch Effect for Mobile Users on the Menu

Hey,
I’ve seen that when people are browsing on mobile, they are not able to figure out if the link in the top menu is clickable or whether it actually worked, until the time it actually opens the given page.
This is causing bad user experience.

Please help to make it a responsive menu that changes color or shows touch effect on tap (for the tapped menu option).
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so I can check if that’s possible.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Here it is: http://saviorofmankind.com
Thanks.

Hi,

You don’t have a hover effect on your mobile menu, you can add this Custom CSS to have a hover effect for mobile menu to change the menu item’s background-color to a different color:

#mainnav-mobi ul > li > a:hover {
    background-color: red !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Lovely! Thank you so much, it really worked.

However, there is one thing though, it only shows the hover effect for the menu items only on the home page now (for Mobile users). It doesn’t work when those other pages are open and we are trying to access the menu items again.

Hi,

Please try this Custom CSS instead and let me know how it works:

#mainnav-mobi ul li a:hover {
    background-color: red !important;
}

Kind Regards,
Csaba

It is still exactly the same. Hover effect on touch is working only when accessing Menu items on the home page but not on any other page.

Hi,

That’s weird, please give me an admin access to your website in a Private Message, so I can inspect this issue further in your wp-admin.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I’ve sent you the private message. Thanks.

Hi,

Ok, I will check and will reply to you there.

Kind Regards,
Csaba