Top Bar Plugin covers the Sydney primary nav menu and logo

Hello,

Please, I need to insert the top bar on my Sydney theme, but when I do so and activate the plugin, it coveres my primary menu and pieces of a logo. Is there a way how to create a space for the top bar on top of the header?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

To fix that trouble, I need to know where the additional top bar is added into. So I can get the exact solution to suggest. Can I request sharing your site’s URL here?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Khari

thank you for getting back to me!

the URL is https://bonafidenitro.com

On the mobile version, it is showing correctly.

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back along with the link.

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
      .site .site-header {
        top: 65px;
      }
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Worked perfectly! thank you very much!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Kharis, Please I am still having a problem. Please review the pages. Because of the padding that I added so it does not cover the logo, it created extra space between the header, menu, and the page. It created extra thick line (bar). Please help me with how to fix this. Thank you.

The pages are

basically, every page has it, only the home page is ok.

Thank. you very much

Hi,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
      body:not(.home) .site .site-header {
        top: 64px !important;
      }  
    }

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Khari

Thank you very much for your help but it is not working. It is creating the same problem. It creates a weird space on top, when I scroll then it creates a space bar between the menu and the content. Please advise what else to do. Thank you.

Hi @zs1,

I am sorry for belated response.

Perhaps I was not getting your context.

Can you provide some screenshots or graphics showing the current issues and the expected fixes, as those will help me on getting the context correctly?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate your support guys!!!

Please the problem is on the inner pages. I have recorded a short video you can see it here.

Cold Brew Nitro Coffee Kegs - Bona Fide Nitro Coffee and Tea or any other inner page.

Thank you.

Hello @zs1,

Thanks for the video!

Please locate the code below at Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

And change to:

header.site-header.fixed {
    padding-top: 30px;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    background: #38271bb0!important;
}

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello guys.

Thank you very much for helping me. I am so sorry but this is not resolved. I have deleted the other codes and added the last one and it still looks weird. The upper bar covers the logo and when you scroll down you see that it creates some other lighter bar. So the whole header looks weird. Please help o recommend to me how to resolve the upper announcement bar on the website that will work great with Sydney theme. Thank you very much.

example URL

Hello,

Probably that’s because you removed the old code. Please try following the new steps below:

Change my previous code to you, from this:

padding-top: 30px;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
}

To this:

padding: 0 !important;
}

Also, add the code below:

.site-header {
    top: 57px !important;
}

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Thank you very much!!! It worked and now it looks great. Thank you for your help!