Toolbar missing for Editors

I have two editors for my site with me as the admin, when I set the other two as Editors they cannot see they Toolbar (it is checked on and I have checked the code in the footer.php), I had to make them admins to correct this but I am not comfortable with that choice.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello,

You can try to make them Editors once again and make sure that Show Toolbar when viewing site checkbox is checked in user settings:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
You should edit each Editor user separately to check it. It’s not a global option, it’s rather a user preference.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your response, that is not working either.
The user still cannot see the toolbar.

Okay, I’ve just tried to create a new Editor user on my local Sydney Pro install and I was able to see the toolbar. I also was able to hide toolbar by unchecking that checkbox, so it doesn’t look like a theme issue.

Are you sure that you edit the right user (not your own admin account)? Another common issue is unsaved changes, there is Update User button (or Update Profile, if user edits its own account) at the very bottom that can be missed.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, thanks for your help. I will look to see if the issue lies elsewhere. I have no problem when setting the user as an Admin, only as Editor so will check the Wordpress forums.

You are welcome, but feel free to leave here a note if you need more help! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.