Too much white space above contents, want to create "demo blog"

Hi,

Can anybody explain how to make less white space above all content (front page is OK) and remove black thin line below titles.

I am also wondering how to make exact blog as sydney demo blog (full blog posts with proper side bar, which include search bar, recent posts and calendar (I want same padding as demo side bar).

EDIT: In work page I would like to create 4 bigger pictures instead of 6 smaller (image is set as featured image)

My site: http://gaspersantl.com

Thanks!

Hello there,

It seems this is your first query here. I’d like to say, welcome to our support forum.

> Can anybody explain how to make less white space above all content (front page is OK)

You can enable the front page template on other pages to avoid excess spaces. Thought it’s specifically built for homepage, but you can apply it anywhere; it won’t break your site’s functionality.

> remove black thin line below titles.

To remove it, you can add the below CSS code into your site’s additional CSS option which resides in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

.text-slider .maintitle:after{
  display: none;
}

> I am also wondering how to make exact blog as sydney demo blog

Our blog page demo is actually a blank page that has been assigned as a posts page. The configuration is done through Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Front page displays > select “A static page” then select your pages for front page and posts page. For the widgets, there are inserted from Appearance > Widgets > Sidebar.

> 4 pictures on work page

I noticed you tried to customize it by adding the below custom CSS code:

.roll-project.fullwidth .project-item {
    width: 20%;
}

but it doesn’t work. Please replace it with this one:

@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

.roll-project.fullwidth .project-item {
    width: 25% !important;
  }

}

For your future queries you might have, please avoid posting multiple queries at once. Split them in separate topics. By doing so, our support forum will look neat and easier to browse by someone else who might have similar problem to resolve.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, I have fixed all the white spaces, but still don’t know how to make “demo blog”. Can you be more exact and please explain in steps.
I’m still learning, hope you understand this. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I also have created “demo blog”, but sidebar is on the bottom of the page instead on the right side.

Kindly regards

I’m also wondering if it’s possible to make blog, like current (http://gaspersantl.com/blog/), but only 2 images (bigger images) of blog in one row and other blogs (images) below, to the bottom (once when will be a lot of blogs).

Thanks

Please read the WordPress codex.

> I’m also wondering if it’s possible to make blog, like current…

It isn’t supported by the theme’s core code, I am afraid. If it is an urgent, you might want to hire a freelancer on codeable.io or upwork.com to customize the code.

Regards,
Kharis

Can you please explain to me how to move sidebar from bottom of the page to right side?

http://gaspersantl.com/blog-test-2/

Thank you!

Please go to Appearance > Customize > Blog options > Layout > enable classic blog layout.

Regards,
Kharis

It`s not working.

Hello there,

It appears you switched to masonry layout. Can you live with it? Or, do you still need an assistance?

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, I have switched to Masonry (grid style) because classic layout does not work (it has side bar on bottom). I really want to move sidebar to the left, but I do not know how to do it.

Hello there,

The web browser’s inspector tool is showing the below additional CSS code applied twice, 1 in the main theme’s style.css, and the other one either might be in the custom CSS plugin or additional CSS option.

.content-area {
    width: 100% !important;
}

That code makes the posts area to become full width and moves the sidebar to the bottom.

Is there any reason why you applied it? Probably I can suggest you better alternative.

Meanwhile, try to apply the code below:

@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

.blog .content-area,
  .archive .content-area,
  .search .content-area{
    width: 75% !important;
  }

}

and then reload your blog page.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, that is working properly!

My pleasure!

Please feel free to open a new topic if you need anything else.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here:https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/sydney#postform like some of our users did? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Regards,
Kharis