Title hover on projects

Hi - Thank you so much for this great theme. I’ve really enjoyed using it.

I need to have a title hover on my projects (called stories on this site) and I know that isn’t included in the Moesia widget.

I’ve tried numerous other plugins and haven’t managed to find anything that works properly. Often the page goes blank after inserting the short code. I wondered if anyone could recommend something?

I also tried to set up a second news section and use that for projects…however it doesn’t display and I haven’t been able to work out why.

The site: http://www.narrative-empathy.com/

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

I’ve just noticed that the ‘our work’ section in the Rocked theme has mouseover titles. Is there any way I could use this in Moesia? Or…how difficult do you think it would be to switch my site to Rocked? Thanks!

OK, now I’m using Site Origins Masonry widget. It does what I need I guess. But for the life of me I can’t see how to make the section title consistent with the rest of the front page. I’d like it to match the call-to-action titles.

I’d really appreciate some help!

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Danny,
for default, this theme doesn’t display the project title. So, to display the project title, firstly you need to create a child theme

then, in your child theme, you need copy + paste widgets/fp-projects.php and add this line <div class="project-title"><?php echo the_title(); ?></div> afer <a class="pp-icon"… http://prntscr.com/80z2tk

still on your child theme, add this line to your style.css for the style of the project title

.project-title {
   display: none;
    width: 90%;
    padding: 5px;
    text-align: center;
    color: black;
    margin-left: 5%;
    background-color: #ff6b53;
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    margin-right: 5%;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}
.project-image:hover > .project-title {
    display: block;
}

Thank you so much for helping Awan.

I’ve followed the instructions and I don’t notice any difference. Can you see what I’ve done wrong?

Just checking your site, and I don’t see that you add this line <div class=“project-title”><?php echo the_title(); ?></div>?

or please make sure to activate your child theme for your site.

Thanks again.

I just checked and I had added the line to a copy of functions.php which I put in a new folder called widgets in my child theme directory, and my child theme is active, all as instructed.

After your message I just made the change in the functions.php of the parent Moesia theme and everything works great.

So, for some reason, it seems to be looking at functions.php of the parent theme rather than my child theme.

My concern is that when the theme is updated I’ll then lose this.

Do you have any ideas why that might be?

Thanks again for all your help.

Sorry! Every time I wrote functions.php above I meant projects.php.

Did you use parent theme for the current theme of your site? if so, you must have missed something on your child theme settings then.

Hi - The child theme is active and I followed these instructions. Who knows what I missed. At least I have the title on hover so thanks for your help!

Hello. It would be great if this was a possibility in Moesia Pro, since I do not want to make a childtheme for my site. Best!

@dannyblue Sorry, I missed this step:
go to functions.php on your parent theme then remove / comment this line:
require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-projects.php";

add this line to the functions.php in your child theme

if ( function_exists('siteorigin_panels_activate') ) {
	require get_template_directory() . "-child/widgets/fp-projects.php";
}

@Prohazka thanks, I will forward your advice to the theme author

Done. Thanks very much Awan! I really appreciate your help.

Happy to help :slight_smile:

Just a note, when you activate the parent theme and you got error about Moesia project, you have to add / uncomment this line require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-projects.php"; then.