Theme Sydney Free failed

Hello, the theme stopped working on my Sydney Free site. Currently it gives me this error: This theme failed to load properly and was paused within the admin backend. It does not allow me to reactivate it.
How can I recover the site?
Currently only the childtheme is seen but the original theme is not.
I could only enter the panel with Wordpress’s spatial recovery mode, but it only helped me to see that the problem had to do with the theme.
Can you help me?

Hello,

Did you try to update the theme manually through FTP or cPanel?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I did not update the theme, only 2 or 3 plugins from the Wordpress panel. But one of the plugins was from Sydney, I don’t remember the name.
Instantly, a Wordpress email arrived warning me of the problem and I get this error:
An E_ERROR type error occurred on line 31 of the file /home9/mrnxquiv/public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php. Error message: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_after_import_mods () (previously declared in /home9/mrnxquiv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:35)

Is there a way to fix it?

Hello,

Is there a way to fix it?

Yes, please try to update the theme manually. Here are the instructions:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks Roman. I will try to follow these steps.
Anyway, I make you an inquiry. If I restored a backup of the home directory that is from a few days prior to this event, would the site work again or is it better to follow the steps you tell me to?

Hello,

If I restored a backup of the home directory that is from a few days prior to this event, would the site work again or is it better to follow the steps you tell me to?

Well, I think that you can do this as well. But then please update the Sydney theme first, and after that update the Sydney Toolbox plugin.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Finally they restored access from the hosting. They had to rename a plugin that was corrupted and with that everything returned to normal. Thank you.

OK, you are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support