Theme-Generated Employee Page (Image Hyperlink)

I have an theme-generated Employee page that I link to from my home page and had a question. I’ve uploaded a JPG of the page in the following location: One Drive Link

Question:
I’d like to have a hyperlink from the person’s picture to the full blown employee page.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Andy

Hello Andy,

To accomplish such that objective, you can try this solution.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,
I had already activated the code you directed me to and this worked to link an Employees Picture from the home page, but this same code does not work to link the Employees picture from the Employee Generated page that I mentioned above. My site is not live - I’m developing it on my computer right now, otherwise I would provide a link to the page.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy

Hello Andy,

I’m sorry, I forgot to mention that it requires you to put the employee link manually in the Employee info box in the employee editing panel.

Cloudup

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,
I have incorporated the custom Java Script you directed me to on my site and the hyperlink from employee picture on the home page is active and takes me to the individual employee page, and to make this work, I do have the Employee Link Field populated with the hyperlink information to the individual employee page.

The question I have is for the employee page that is created behind the scenes and that I am linking to in my primary navigation menu. I’ve provided a link to the following file so you can see the page - as I am currently developing my site offline: Employee Page - Picture Hyperlink Not Working.JPG (One Drive Link)

The question I have - looking at the image I have directed you to - is there a way to incorporate a hyperlink when you mouse over the individual employees picture on the Employee Page that is generated. The code you provided accomplishes this on the home page, but not on the Employee page.

Thank you.

Andy

Hi Andy,

For employees archive page, add this extra jQuery code:

jQuery(function($) {

if( $('.roll-team').length ) {
     $('.team-item').each(function(){
       var link = $(this).find('.name a').attr('href');

if(link != undefined) {
         $(this).find('.pop-overlay').wrapInner('<a href="'+link+'"></a>');
         $(this).find('.avatar').wrapInner('<a href="'+link+'"></a>');
       }

});
 }

});

Regards,
Kharis

Worked perfectly…Thank you.

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

I tried applying the settings you suggested and I can not seem to get it to work. Any thoughts?
http://nauvoomegaconf.org/speakers/

Hello there,

Viewing the source code of your site, I found site caching has been enabled. You should have had to flush it after applying code changes/additions as it blocks from taking effect on the front-end.

https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

I’m still having the same issue. I cleared out my cache. I’ve even changed other things and they took. Not sure why I can’t get this to work. Thoughts?

Hello there,

I wrote you updated jQuery code for Employees Type B. Let me know if you haven’t yet received it.

Regards,
Kharis

I was able to update it but still having issues. I have the links in the locations they should be. But not sure why it’s not working. I’m on a time crunch and this was suppose to be “quicker” than me using HTML. Any assistance would be awesome.