Theme Customizer not working in 5.8

Hi there,

Wordpress 5.8 seems to break some stuff. I cannot use the theme customizer and also the widget edit page is not loading? Help. :slight_smile: Please.

Thanks,
Milo

Hello Milo,

First thanks for using our Moesia theme!

Probably that’s bcause the new WordPress 5.8 Widgets system. Please try installing this plugin and let me know if it works.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi Rodrigo

Thank you! Love the theme. Been using it for about six years now, and I still love it.

The plugin you suggested solves the widget settings not showing, but the Theme Customizer is still blank.

Thanks for helping, much appreciated.
Milo

Apparently a plugin was causing Customizer to malfunction. Toolset Types. I deleted it, because it has been discontinued, but now I cannot edit my Clients and Reviews and stuff on the homepage.
Again… help! :scream:

Hello,

Great that the issue with widgets is resolved now!

Regarding the problem with Customizer and “Toolset Types” plugin, sorry but we can’t offer support for third party plugins that are not created by us. If the plugin is discontinued, probably the best way is find a similar plugin that does the same thing. Or downgrade the version of WP to 5.7. Unfortunately these are the only possible ways.

We hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi Rodrigo

It does not help. :wink:
Moesia relies heavily on this plugin for the custom fields it uses. So without this plugin the theme is basically useless.
I have now reinstalled an old version of the plugin and everything works, but what you’re basically saying is that I should look for a new theme for my website. I would have expected a better solution, but I understand for a free theme there is only so much one can expect.

Thanks and kind regards,
Milo

Hello Miko,

That’s the plugin in question ?

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Yes thanks. It’s a bit too pricy for us at the moment. Unfortunately we do not make any money with our organisation.

Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Milo

Hello Miko,

We totally understand. I asked because you mentioned the plugin was “discontinued”, but seems not. Unfortunately the only way is contacting their support system to check the compatibility with WP 5.8 if you was using it in your website.

We hope you understand.

Let me know if you have mroe questions.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support