The requested URL /wp-admin/customize.php was not found on this server

I just installed Sydney Theme in wordpress and created a child theme. Everything went well but when I try to customise the theme features, I get an error “The requested URL /wp-admin/customize.php was not found on this server.”. Multi site is active in my wordpress. Can anybody help to fix this. I already tried the solutions recommended here but it did not solve the issue. https://doubtsolver.com/wp-login-php-was-not-found/

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you’ve run into an issue. I am happy to help out.

Can you confirm whether this issue also occurs when your child theme disabled and the main theme (Sydney) remains active? This will rule out any child theme specific issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Yes even in the main sydney theme, the issue is there. I even re installed wordpress and did not activate multi site, the issue is there. Wordpress is just reinstalled with Sydney there installed. No post or page created. I can grant you access if that helps. Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for getting back.

Can you try switching theme to one of default WordPress themes like Twenty Twenty for testing purpose? Can you confirm whether you’re experiencing the same isse with it or not? Let me know your views.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

Thanks again for getting back to me. Other themes don’t have the additional feature like Theme Dashboard so I cannot confirm that the same issue will happen. The Theme Dashbaord button when activated seems that it will access the PHP file but cannot find it. I can confirn that the file customize.php is in folder wp-admin.

Regards,
Carlou

This is the button of the Theme Dashboard.

In this screen if I click Customize it ends up in an error.

This is the error message
A2

I can confirm that the file exist

HI,

Can you confirm whether administrator rights is enabled on your account used to access webite’s admin area?

Perhaps you were accessing your website’s admin with non-administrator account.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

The wordpress user is an Adminstrator.

Permission of the user for the customize.php file is also administrator

I believe this is not related to access issue. The users are Adminstrator.

I think I found the root cause of the issue. The URL’s generated by the install program did not include the WordPress folder. The error message exactly describes the error that cusromize.php was not found. Can somebody fix the install program to include the correct folder structure. Is there a way to manually fix the folder streucture before the final fix is published? refer to screen shot for more details.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back along with extra information. Glad to know you found the root of the problem, that seems likely not related to Sydney theme. Thus I’d recommend checking this article. And looking for help on this support channel for your problem is not the scope of Sydney theme support.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support