The "moesia_employees" block was affected by errors and may not function properly. Check the developer tools for more details

Moved the website snpi.ch to a new provider using updraft backup and restore. At the new provider when I open Moesia Pro Theme widgets I get the error message in a red box

The “moesia_employees” block was affected by errors and may not function properly. Check the developer tools for more details.

What does this mean ?
What is meant be check the developer tools for more details ?

How can a solve this problems ?

Thanks for your help
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

First thanks for using our Moesia Pro theme!

That’s bcause the new WordPress 5.8 Widgets system. Please try installing this plugin and let me know if it works.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,

thanks for your support. The installation of this PlugIn effectively solved the problem and now it seems to work as expected.

What surprises me, is that on my photography website desktop-images.com , where I also use Moesia Pro as theme, the update to WP 5.8 did not cause any problems for employees. On desktop-images there is only one employee used, at snpi.ch there are more, maybe this is a difference that counts.

Anyhow thank you very much for your speedy help
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Really that’s strange. I did not test, but maybe what you mentioned could be the reason. Anyway, the best way is use te Classic Widgets plugin for now, since the theme is not ready for the new WP 5.8 widgets system yet.

Bu great the issue is now resolved!

Let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support