The Featured Image is showing above the Title of the Blog post

Hai,

The title and rest content of post is appearing below the featured Image. Kindly please help me out in placing the Title above the featured Image in post.

Hello there,

To modify the default order of the post title and featured image in the blog archive and single pages, you’ll need to edit the content.php and content-single.php files in the child theme mode. Firstly, you’ll create a child theme or use our premade one for your starting point. In the child theme folder, you’ll need copies of content.php and content-single.php files. Then edit them in your code editor program. Replace this code block:

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'post_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?>
	<div class="entry-thumb">
		<?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?>
	</div>
<?php endif; ?>

<header class="entry-header">
	<?php the_title( '<h1 class="title-post entry-title">', '</h1>' ); ?>

<?php if (get_theme_mod('hide_meta_single') != 1 ) : ?>
	<div class="meta-post">
		<?php sydney_posted_on(); ?>
	</div><!-- .entry-meta -->
	<?php endif; ?>
</header><!-- .entry-header -->

with this:

<header class="entry-header">
	<?php the_title( '<h1 class="title-post entry-title">', '</h1>' ); ?>

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'post_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?>
  	<div class="entry-thumb">
  		<?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?>
  	</div>
  <?php endif; ?>

<?php if (get_theme_mod('hide_meta_single') != 1 ) : ?>
	<div class="meta-post">
		<?php sydney_posted_on(); ?>
	</div><!-- .entry-meta -->
	<?php endif; ?>
</header><!-- .entry-header -->

Lastly, install and activate your child theme on your site.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks @ Mr.Kharis for your kind solution, I am a beginner to wordpress with zero knowledge in coding and I am clueless with how to implement your solution. I request you to please guide me how to implement your solution. below are my queries…

1. Where do I find “content.php and content-single.php” files ?
  2. How to find exactly the code mentioned in above solution part?
  3. Should I change the code in both files ( content.php and content-single.php files)?, as I only wanted to change the featured Image in posts of my blogs and not my rest real estate property display pages.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Sagacity.

Hello there,

Please follow these steps:

1. Download the Sydney theme package from this link.
  2. Download the Sydney child theme from this link.
  3. Unzip those two zip packages in your computer.
  4. Open the parent theme sydney folder, then duplicate the content.php and content-single.php files to child theme folder.
  5. In the child theme folder, edit those two files with code editor program like Atom editor.
  6. Then do code modification as I mentioned.
  7. Zip the child theme folder, and then install and activate it on your site.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks once again Mr.Kharis.

I have one small doubt, 90% of the website development is already been down, do I need to develop the site once again freshly with your attachments?

Thanks and Regards,
Sagacity.

> I have one small doubt, 90% of the website development is already been down

Have the development done in the customizer (Appearance > Customize)? To transfer the settings you’ve done to child theme, while running the parent theme, install and activate this plugin. Then export the customizer settings through Appearance > Customize > Export/import. Then activate the child theme and import the settings file from the same route.

Regards,
Kharis