TGM plugin conflict

Hi,
it appears there is a TGM conflict in Perth. When trying to activate WPcore plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpcore/)
the back-end of my site turns white. I find these errors inside my apache logs:

[Sun Mar 20 08:26:45 2016] [warn] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tgmpa() (previously declared in /[path]/wp-content/plugins/wpcore/lib/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php:1917) in /[path]/wp-content/themes/perth/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1923, referer: http://stroopwafeltoernooi.nl/

Is there any thing I can do to resolve this? (No rush, I have loaded my plugins but I am afraid running into this error with a plugin with functionality I cannot work around.)

Kind regards,
Menno Borst

Hello there,

Could you please try to do the following?

1. Force deactivate the “WPCore Plugin Manager” plugin temporarily by renaming the wpcore folder via FTP or cPanel. Go to WP root > wp-content > plugins

2. Login to your site admin

3. Go to Appearance > Install Plugins. Install all required plugins

4. Go to Appearance > Editor > edit the functions.php file. Then remove the following lines:

/**
 *TGM Plugin activation.
 */
require get_template_directory() . '/plugins/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php';

add_action( 'tgmpa_register', 'perth_recommend_plugin' );
function perth_recommend_plugin() {

$plugins = array(
        array(
            'name'               => 'Page Builder by SiteOrigin',
            'slug'               => 'siteorigin-panels',
            'required'           => false,
        ),
        array(
            'name'               => 'Types - Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Management',
            'slug'               => 'types',
            'required'           => false,
        ),
    );

tgmpa( $plugins);

}
  1. Login to your FTP or cPanel. Access the plugin’s folder you renamed previously. Rename it to the default wpcore, so it will be active again

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis,

I can happily install WPCore-plugin now. As I am not a developer I just guest I disabled the recommended plugins functionality of the Perth plugin?

Kind regards,
Menno Borst

Dear Menno,

> As I am not a developer I just guest I disabled the recommended plugins functionality of the Perth plugin?

Those plugins will work normally.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis,

really helped me out.

Kind regards,
Menno Borst

Dear Menno,

You’re welcome.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis