Text widget in footer

Hello,
I want to add 2-3 line FTC disclosure as text in my footer. Currently I only have links to these pages which is fine. But I want a text box in the footer.

Ideally between the “THEME: [GREATMAG]BY ATHEMES” text and the “DISCLOSURES” text.

My website is https://financialfreedomcountdown.com/ for reference.

Thank you

Hello,

You can try to switch to the GreatMag Pro in order to add it instead of default footer branding. However, you can also try to use the footer widgets. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman, I see that GreatMag has option for 3 footers. I believe at present my website (screenshot above) only displays footer 1.
How can I display footer 2?
Because the text I want to include is long; it would be great if footer 2 would be above or below footer 1 and permit me to use the full screen.

I tried adding a text widget in footer 1 but because of too much text; it makes the footer very wide. The text occupies only one part of the footer screen. How can I spread it out?

Hello,

Three footers are three footer widget columns (your current bottom footer is not one of them). Try to add some widgets in each column (you can divide that text in Footer 1) and see if it meets your needs. Let me know if you need more help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thank you Roman :slightly_smiling_face:
Is there a way to reduce the width of the footer box?
And to make the font text of the footer white since the entire footer is black

Hello,

Is there a way to reduce the width of the footer box?

I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve, can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

And to make the font text of the footer white since the entire footer is black

Now you have something like this in the Text widget:

<p>Lorem ipsum</p>

…try to replace it with this:

<p style="color: white">Lorem ipsum</p>

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks Roman. The text is now white :slight_smile:
I want that footer containing LEGAL STUFF to be narrower in width. There is space above and below the text. Would be great if I could eliminate it.

Hello, try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

div#bottom-footer.row.bottom-footer {
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

I added the code and there was no change. In fact, I also tried changing from 10px to 5px and it looks the same. Do you know what could be the issue?

Thank you

Hello,

I added the code and there was no change.

I’ve just checked your website once again and it looks like this issue is already resolved, isn’t it?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

HI Roman,

Added a screenshot from my website. I want to reduce the black area which has no text. I have indicated it in the attached image with red text titled “make it smaller”.

Also the font of the Legal text is much larger than the second footer which contains disclosures link and privacy policy link. Any way to make it the same type of font?

Hello, try to add this CSS code as well:

div#sidebar-footer {
    padding: 0;
    font: 12px/1.2 'Open Sans';
}

#sidebar-footer aside {
    margin: 0;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thank you so much Roman!
That totally worked. Really appreciate all your help :slight_smile: