Text in text widget disappeared after working fine for months?

This site went live back in September (after MUCH struggle) and looked okay. Today, I find that some text is no longer visible. The text appears in the inspection panel, but not on the screen. It used to work fine, and I haven’t made any changes to that section. Confusing and disappointing. Site is jliacademy.org. The text that is not showing is within textwidget at pgc-193-3-0.

I’ve had other glitches with this theme, which is why I am hesitating on a Pro upgrade. Any advice on getting this theme to update properly, and retain updates once they appear online will be much appreciated. I feel like I must be missing something basic. I hope to find a theme that won’t require me to disable and reinstall plug ins every few months . . .

Hello there,

I noticed that you applied the following CSS code:

#pgc-193-3-0 {
 background-color: transparent;
 color: #fff;
 padding-bottom: 2px;
 margin-bottom: 2px;
}

in your child theme. color: #fff; line prevents the text to be visible as the background is light. Try to apply darker color, please.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis. I tried the fix you recommended, changing it to “color: #222;” When I did that, the site looked great for about a minute. But now, again, the font is white (invisible) and inspection shows that the code is “color: #fff;” Child these still shows “color: #222;” Really don’t understand why it worked but only for a short time . . . More suggestions?

Hello there,

I replied here: https://athemes.com/forums/topic/changes-to-child-dont-appear-on-page/#post-700281.

Please kindly check and let’s continue the discussion over there.

Regards,
Kharis