Testimonials widget text background color in Sydney Pro

Hi, I can’t find out where I can change the background color for the text that’s being displayed in the ‘Testimonials’ widget. I placed it in a row on the front page and the rows background is white. The Text itself is white with a black background. When I change the font color in the actual ‘Testimonial’ record, the changes come through in the widget. The background however remains black, no matter where I try to change it.
I tried to look at:

• row attributes
  • “Sydney FP: Testimonials” widget attributes
  • Testimonial post itself

Can you please point me into the right direction?

Thanks

Hello Marco,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Here you go:
http://lexemo.com/en/about-lexemo/team/

I had that only on my dev mirror but that’s not accessible publicly. But on our production site the behaviour is the same.

Thanks

Hello Marco, thank you for the link. Now I can see the widget.

Can you please describe what exactly you want to achieve?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

thanks for looking!
I’d like to have the background of the text to be transparent or white. I can’t find where that can be controlled. I can control the font color and the direct background of the text but not the box that surrounds the text.

Kind regards

Hello Marco,

It looks like you are using some minification. If yes, can you please temporarily deactivate it and leave here a note?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Ho Roman,

just disabled auto minification on cloudflare.

Thanks,
Olaf

Hello Olaf,

Please try to use the following CSS code in order to set transparent background.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.hentry blockquote.whisper {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I ended up using the dashboard Custom CSS road to add your snipped - works like a charm.
I also used it to scale the images and make them square :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot

Great! You are welcome Olaf :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.