Testimonials height

Hi,

how can I change height (or make it ‘solid’) in testimonials widget? I have testimonials with different length of text and it causes ‘jumps’ on a page.

Regards,
JS

Hello JS,

Please try to use this CSS code to make the height of your testimonials block fixed:

div #panel-220-7-0-0 {
     height: 530px;
}

You can add this code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Best Regards, Roman.

Also please add this code to make it longer on lower resolutions (to prevent Testimonials block to be cut):

@media only screen and (max-width: 479px) {
     div #panel-220-7-0-0 {
          height: 750px;
     }
}

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

Works great! Thank you!

You are welcome JS,

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have in future.

Best Regards, Roman.

I am very new to this so not sure what I’m doing wrong but I posted the code into my Sydney theme for my website and the testimonials still are all different heights.

I am trying to uses the testimonials as a simple title and picture slider here: http://andrewclayburn.com/index.php/explore/

And want the pictures to all be the same height so the controls don’t shift up and down. Please help!

Hello Newbie,

Please try to use images of the same size.

Feel free to create a new topic if you have more questions.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have tried using same height images but the sydney testimonials widget is automatically resizing them so the heights still end up being slightly different. is there any way to edit this widget to fix height instead of fixing width?

Hello Newbie,

You might want to crop images in order to maintain the same aspect ratio.

You can learn more about aspect ratio here:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello, Roman. Can you provide more info on the CSS code. I tried to add it to the Additional CSS section, which did not work out. Additionally, I tried adding it in the testimonal seciton of style.css, but still no success. Is this a direct copy and paste, or do I need to change any of the info such as the # symbol?

Hello @josh,

CSS code that I mentioned above is site-specific. Please create a new topic for your issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.