Testimonial page

Hi there,

Recently I have created a testimonial page for my site (http://www.herbeaskincare.com/testimonials/) using SiteOrigin widget like editor, testimonial and button. But when I published the page, the page is empty. May I know what I should do about this?

The SiteOrigin widget on other page is working well.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and regards,
limpeek

Hello there,

Do you have the Sydney Toolbox plugin installed on your site? If so, you’d need to rename your page, so that its URL becomes yoursite.com/our-testimonials or something else. Avoid using testimonials as it belongs to the Testimonials post type of the plugin. Then try to flush your permalink by visiting Settings > Permalinks. Then just hit the Save Changes button.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for reply. I do not have the Sydney Toolbox plugin for my site currently. Still follow the same steps if like this?

Besides, what do you mean by flush the permalink?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and regards,
limpeek

This page loads an archive page for Testimonials post type. Since you don’t have any testimonial entry yet in the Dashboard > Testimonials, you’ll get a “Nothing Found” page. This is not an issue to resolve. WordPress system works that way to recognize custom post type archive page.

The solution is to create a new page and name it as “Our Testimonials” or something else you prefer. So the page URL will be different and will look like yoursite.com/our-testimonials.

Besides, what do you mean by flush the permalink?

The common reason why a page returns a “Nothing Found” is due to permalink configuration in the .htaccess file can’t be updated automatically. The first thing to do to resolve this is to flush the permalink. But, in your case, it doesn’t relate with this. You’ll only need to use different page slug URL by composing a new page.

To help you easier to understand, please read my reply on other old topic here.

Regards,
Kharis