Testimonial color

My website is: www.wopicoaching.nl

I am making some testimonials. Like other users i get an ugly black block behind the text of my clients. I tried to enter the code: .roll-testimonials .whisper { background-color: transparent; } as one of you advised to change the color, but where-ever i put this (in the testimonial itself as text or as visual) it makes no difference for the color. I even have the plugin Simple Custom CSS. The only thing i don’t have is the Child theme.

Question 1: where do i put the code .roll-testimonials .whisper { background-color: transparent; }?
Question 2: Do i need the CHild theme to enter this code?
Question 3: can i install de Child theme without losing all the pages with its layout i have already built?

Hello @ManonBoumans,

Looks like currently you don’t have Testimonials on your home page (or I don’t see them because I don’t understand Dutch :slight_smile: ), so I can’t verify that the code you have is correct.

But I will answer your questions:

1. You can add CSS code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

2. You don’t need child theme to enter this code, but it is one of the best methods.

3. You will not lose any Pages, Posts, Uploads, etc. However, you will have to configure your theme in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize once again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Best Regards, Roman.

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for your answers.

Offcourse you can’t find them when u don’t understand dutch ;-). My testimonials are on the page: referenties, that you can find in the menu on top of the home page.

1.what is style.css? and where can i find it?
I have the Simple Custom CSS plugin, but i still don’t see any options to change this black?

Please help some more…tx very much.
Manon

Hi Ramon,

It worked.I just saw in my dashboard the options Custom CSS en i added the code.:slight_smile: :slight_smile: Than i have 2 more question:

1. In the Sydney Demo your testimonial picture has an white border. How can i do so for my pictures in the testimonials?

2. My page titles are all in black. I want it to be in the same color as all the other text. How can i put this into the color #328e91?

So many thanks.

Regards Manon

Hello Manon,

I’m glad to hear that you found it :slight_smile:

It’s not so easy for me to answer your questions, because when I go to your site now I see only this:

We are down for maintenance We will be here soon

Please let me know when you turn off the maintenance mode.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
I am not Ramon, I’m Roman :wink:

Hi Roman ;-),

The maintenance mode is off, so now u can see it.

Manon

Hello Manon,

1. There is white border, but you don’t see it because of white background. However, you can change it with the following CSS code:
.roll-testimonials .avatar {
    border: 2px solid black !important;
}

Please feel free to change black to any other color or color code.

1. Please use this CSS code to change the color of your page titles to #328e91:
.hentry .title-post {
    color: #328e91;
}

I hope that it will help you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yess, it did. Thank you AGAIN Roman. Your help is great.

Kind regards,
Manon

You are welcome Manon :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words!

Kind Regards, Roman.

is it any way to change circular display to something else.

Hello @maja,

Yes. Please try to use the following CSS code to make it square:

.roll-testimonials .avatar img {
    border-radius: 0 !important;
}

You can add CSS code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

It is better to create your own topic for your question to keep forum in good order.

Kind Regards, Roman.