Talon - projects get an "Ooops" page

Hi, I have installed a new Talon and imported the demo data manually. This time when I edit a project from the home page I can enter the data, but I can’t go to the page to see it in “visit page”. I get an “Oops that page doesn’t exist”. Has it installed correctly? This did not happen in the previous installation. Shall I start again?
Thanks justin

Hello Justin, can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check it?

You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman, my site is on a temporary domain created by my hosting, do you need me to make it live first?
Thanks Justin

Hi Roman,
Thanks you but I don’t know how to use a link shortener!
I installed it again on a fresh installation of wordpress. Both sites have the demo content but they both have an “Oops” page when you click on a project, rather than taking me to that project page.
I will open the website that worked and see if there is a link missing or something

Hello Justin,

I will open the website that worked and see if there is a link missing or something

So is your issue already resolved, or you still need help with this?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I’m having the same issue. My site is: http://catiemcdonnell.com/
The project (first project - Rustico Content Marketing) is showing up on the home page and the projects page, but when you click it I get the 404 page.

Hello,

I don’t see that project in your projects archive here:
http://catiemcdonnell.com/projects/

Can you please make sure that it’s added in Projects section?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks for your quick response Roman.

I think it might have been that I changed the Permalink structure to Post Name. When I changed it back to Plain, the page is active now. http://catiemcdonnell.com/?projects=rustico

However, I would like to use Post Name for SEO purposes. Do you know why this issue occured when using Post Name instead of Plain?

Hi Roman,
I need to get on with this website.
Can you tell me what to do please?

Shall I start the website in the hope that it is just a link which has gone wrong?
I need to get going with it now

this link is a temporary domain - I don’t know if you can see it. can you help me please - http://justinw37.sg-host.com/homepage/

Thanks
Justin

Hello,

However, I would like to use Post Name for SEO purposes.

Did you try to switch it back to Post Name?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello Justin,

Did you try to switch to Plain permalinks like @catie described above?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Yes I did try switching back to Post Name. Any other suggestions? I tried creating a test project and the same thing happens.

Hi Roman,
I don’t know where to change it. The permalink can be edited but there is no switch next to it for Plain or Post Name. Shall I get a different theme?

This projects thing. Is it a widget or plugin? Can I add it to Airi?

Roman, I have been waiting weeks on end to start this website. Can you fix the problem, or give me some proper advice or shall I just go somewhere else? I’m sorry to seem rude but I feel totally exasperated by ATheme’s inability to rectify or want to help quickly and sort it out. We are trying to run our affairs on your website themes. I don’t know how to spell it out to you!! We are not just playing with it. The hosting take everything seriously and deal with things straight away. So do the domain provider and the email provider. Why do the theme providers not us seriously? Wake UP!!! Do they think we are just doing it for a little bit of creative fun? Do you think we just really enjoy spending our time waiting for suggestions that don’t help? No offence to you personally, I’m sure you are trying your best!! Have a look at the issue. Try installing the theme on a new wordpress installation. See if the projects work for you. Drill down into the issue and resolve it.

Hello,

I don’t know where to change it. The permalink can be edited but there is no switch next to it for Plain or Post Name.

Here is that option:

Do you see it in the Settings → Permalinks section?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello @catie,

Can you please create a new topic for your issue in order to make it easier to help you?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support