Take off menu

I took off all my menus cause I want to put separate hyperlinks. Now the part where the menu was just says “create your menu here” How can I take that off and place my text in the area where the menu would be??? Thank you

Hi,

This “create your menu here” text is in functions.php:

function sydney_menu_fallback() {
  echo '<a class="menu-fallback" href="' . admin_url('nav-menus.php') . '">' . __( 'Create your menu here', 'sydney' ) . '</a>';
}

in the code in above, you can change:
echo '<a class="menu-fallback" href="' . admin_url('nav-menus.php') . '">' . __( 'Create your menu here', 'sydney' ) . '</a>';

to:
// echo '<a class="menu-fallback" href="' . admin_url('nav-menus.php') . '">' . __( 'Create your menu here', 'sydney' ) . '</a>';

Please make sure you working on child theme when modifying those file.

Regards,
Awan

thank you very much for answering but how could I know im in child theme

I mean, you have to work with the child theme to modify your theme so your modified files would not replaced when you update the theme.

But how does one make a child theme in sydney? I read the wordpress.org child theme thing but id like an easier approach since im still not sure what im messing with. and the other thing. since I didnt do the child theme yet will I lose all my creations in the updates?

You can use this plugin then:

“since I didnt do the child theme yet will I lose all my creations in the updates?”
> Yes