Sydney Toolbox update crashed website!

Hey guys,

Really sorry about the troubles. There was an oversight on my part while testing the plugin update.
Latest version is fixed.

Vlad

1 Like

Thank you very much !

Same problem here as well.

Thank you Vlad and all you guys

:wink: :+1:

but it seems I sang victory too early …
I still have the problem of the home page not visible … :frowning:

The manual edit of setup.php with the new code fixed it. Very unhappy about the issue, however.

1 Like

Kharis,

The above fix nuked my footer - what’s the fix for this?

Please share me a link to your site here, so I can inspect it directly.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Just patched using the official 1.08 release and can confirm all working as it should. Thanks (Y)

1 Like

I checked it and the footer section looks good. Perhaps I missed anything?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

There’s an entire section missing. The theme isn’t displaying the footer, what you’re seeing is just the very last bit. See the archive.org snapshot of what it used to look like.

Please tell me the steps you did to update, that will help reproduce this issue with my test site. Did you use free version of Sydney before? You may want to review this documentation: https://docs.athemes.com/article/111-upgrading-from-sydney-to-sydney-pro

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I don’t remember if we used a free version of Sydney, but we have been on the Pro version for a long time now and everything has been fine until this recent hiccup you guys created. I’m getting extremely frustrated with lack of resolution for this, however.

@igork I don’t believe this issue (which as I noted is now fixed) could have affected your footer widgets. I see on the archive.org that you were using SO widgets bundle for your footer widgets, perhaps it’s possible you deactivated that plugin while trying to troubleshoot the issue we created? Just go to Appearance > Widgets and make sure your Footer areas are populated.

If anybody else is still having issues, just email me at vlad[at]athemes.com and I’ll be happy to look into them.

1 Like

Exactly the same for me, with the same error.

I deleted and reinstalled Sydney Toolbox, Install Plugins but it crashed the site again.

We had to recreate the footer again. The footer was gone after this recent issue, so no other culprit.

It,s true the same as the posts below this issue i also facing and recovery by switching last and that time feel good to finish this issue and resolve this problem.

Not only did we disable the plugin, but we also completely removed it, losing some content in the process. Do you advise we reinstall it?

Yes, everything is alright. If you haven’t made any changes in your page builder since disabling the plugin, your content should show up again.

Igork nice one to do this for advising the good way…

2 Likes