Sydney Toolbox update crashed website!

I have the same problem. I’m using the Sydney Pro Theme Version 2.0.3 and just updated from Sydney Toolbox 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. It totally crashed my site, even preventing me from using the backend completely.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in …/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18) in …/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 37

Re-instralling is useless … error persists.

Fatal error : Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /homepages/34/d395482380/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheBaldCoach/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18) in /homepages/34/d395482380/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheBaldCoach/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 27

Not happy.
Cheers, Timo

Same thing here, site crashed during update of Sydney Toolbox, deleted it and uploaded it twice. No difference.
This is what comes up:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_after_import_mods() (previously declared in /customers/6/d/2/laszloskrog.se/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:35) in /customers/6/d/2/laszloskrog.se/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 36
There has been a critical error on your website.

What do you want me to do?

Hi,

I am getting the same error as well. My hosting company disabled the Sydney tool box plugin and now I can get into the dashboard, but I see no updates to apply

Please help. the entire website has crashed

The latest version is 1.07?

That is what I have and the site is still broken

Hello All,

Please accept our deepest apologies for this issue. The permanent fix will come shortly. At this time, you could fix it yourself by editing the sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php file and replacing the entire code inside this file with this code.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

Thx - The fix seems to work out.
Cheers, Timo

1 Like

Working for me too - many thanks!

1 Like

Hi

Can you explain to me how to do the changes please

You should firstly access your site’s folder over cPanel’s File Manager or FTP client program. Then you have to go to the plugin’s folder root_folder/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php. You can edit this file directly if you use File Manager. If you use FTP program, download this file and edit it locally; after that upload to apply the changes.

Check this video that explains it better.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

You’re welcome! Glad to hear this solution works for you.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

The easiest way is to use your FTP program (e.g. FileZilla), log into your webspace. Go to the folder wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content … search for the setup.php file. open the file for editing (In FileZilla you can easily press the right mousebutton and go to “edit”). Delete the content and copy the new content that Kharis provided in the file, save it and upload the file to your webspace again. Done.

1 Like

Uppss … a bit to late :wink:

Thank you for helping us to explain this better. We really appreciate it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

I got a lot of helpful support from your side - why shouldn’t I give a bit back if I can :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys,

Really sorry about the troubles. There was an oversight on my part while testing the plugin update.
Latest version is fixed.

Vlad

1 Like

Thank you very much !

Same problem here as well.

Thank you Vlad and all you guys

:wink: :+1:

but it seems I sang victory too early …
I still have the problem of the home page not visible … :frowning:

The manual edit of setup.php with the new code fixed it. Very unhappy about the issue, however.

1 Like