Sydney Toolbox update crashed website!

Exactly the same as the posts below. I’ve managed a partial recovery by switching themes but this is not good. Please fix as soon as possible.

Error Details

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 27 of the file /home2/grassington/N0546DV3/htdocs/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php. Error message: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /home2/grassington/N0546DV3/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18)

Hello there,

Please try removing the Sydney Toolbox plugin folder from your site’s file manager or FTP client. Then reinstalling the latest version of it from your site’s Dashboard. Updating to the latest version should resolves this issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks Kharis,

According to the plugin’s description it was updated 3 hours ago but my problem occurred 2 hours ago. I do not feel confident about deleting and reinstalling the version I installed before. Also, if I/we follow your instructions should we deactivate the plugin before deleting it?

Exactly the same for me, with the same error.

I deleted and reinstalled Sydney Toolbox from the link under Appearance, Install Plugins but it crashed the site again. For now I’ll leave the toolbox deactivated but would be good to resolve ASAP, thanks.

I Kharis,
I have done exactly what I indicated twice, but the result is always the same when I activate Sydney toolbox plugin:

Fatal error : Cannot redeclare sydney_set_after_import_mods() (previously declared in /home/o3outdoo/public_html/soluzionidigitali.online/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:35) in /home/o3outdoo/public_html/soluzionidigitali.online/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 36

and
The correct loading of one or more themes has failed.
You can find more details and make changes from the themes screen.

and
Error: This theme did not load correctly and was suspended within the administration backend.

If I disable the plugin I still have the problem of a busted site and the Home Page that does not load the contents, but that remains white with the two balls of the fixed upload.
The home page problem appeared before the sydney toolbox update, as indicated in my post, but the sitegorund technicians indicated the problem in a plug in …

You can read it in detail here: Urgent: Wordpress Say: Sydney pro crushed the site

Dario

I have the same problem. I’m using the Sydney Pro Theme Version 2.0.3 and just updated from Sydney Toolbox 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. It totally crashed my site, even preventing me from using the backend completely.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in …/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18) in …/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 37

Re-instralling is useless … error persists.

Fatal error : Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /homepages/34/d395482380/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheBaldCoach/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18) in /homepages/34/d395482380/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheBaldCoach/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 27

Not happy.
Cheers, Timo

Same thing here, site crashed during update of Sydney Toolbox, deleted it and uploaded it twice. No difference.
This is what comes up:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_after_import_mods() (previously declared in /customers/6/d/2/laszloskrog.se/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:35) in /customers/6/d/2/laszloskrog.se/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/demo-content/setup.php on line 36
There has been a critical error on your website.

What do you want me to do?

Hi,

I am getting the same error as well. My hosting company disabled the Sydney tool box plugin and now I can get into the dashboard, but I see no updates to apply

Please help. the entire website has crashed

The latest version is 1.07?

That is what I have and the site is still broken

Hello All,

Please accept our deepest apologies for this issue. The permanent fix will come shortly. At this time, you could fix it yourself by editing the sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php file and replacing the entire code inside this file with this code.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

Thx - The fix seems to work out.
Cheers, Timo

1 Like

Working for me too - many thanks!

1 Like

Hi

Can you explain to me how to do the changes please

You should firstly access your site’s folder over cPanel’s File Manager or FTP client program. Then you have to go to the plugin’s folder root_folder/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php. You can edit this file directly if you use File Manager. If you use FTP program, download this file and edit it locally; after that upload to apply the changes.

Check this video that explains it better.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

You’re welcome! Glad to hear this solution works for you.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

The easiest way is to use your FTP program (e.g. FileZilla), log into your webspace. Go to the folder wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content … search for the setup.php file. open the file for editing (In FileZilla you can easily press the right mousebutton and go to “edit”). Delete the content and copy the new content that Kharis provided in the file, save it and upload the file to your webspace again. Done.

1 Like

Uppss … a bit to late :wink:

Thank you for helping us to explain this better. We really appreciate it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

I got a lot of helpful support from your side - why shouldn’t I give a bit back if I can :wink:

1 Like