Sydney theme problems

Hello there,

Firstly you have to install the Sydney Pro theme by doing the following steps:

1. From your dashboard, navigate to Appearance > Themes
  2. Click on “Add New” button > Upload Themes > select the Sydney pro theme package (.zip) file > Install Now
  3. Activate the Sydney Pro theme
  4. Activate the theme license through Appearance > Theme License

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,
Sorry for the delay in response. I dont have network always here in my village.
I am okay now.

Please as I told you earlier, I am new in wordpress. Can you advise me of the best free ecommerce plugin that is compatible with sydney theme. I need it to enable me to learn.

Best regards.

Hello there,

I’d suggest you use the WooCommerce plugin as it is the most popular ecommerce plugin. We use it on our shop page demo (Pro version).

Just for information, the free version isn’t fully compatible with this plugin. But the pro version is. You might want to upgrade?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

The home page is not working.
I can see the slider but no content below the slider, however I have added content like services and many more in the home page.But they just do not show up on the website.
I have also made home screen the front screen.

When I go in appearance, Menu. I see that in the home it is custom link and when I try to remove the custom link, I could see the home page but this time without slider.

Please give me a solution to this.

Hello,

i am quite new in WordPress and i am creating a new website using the Sydney theme. I have a problem with the Gallery, thatt is when i click on an image the popup is not working and i have no way to get to the next/previous image.

Thank you for your time.

Hello Tareeq,

Could you please confirm if you have set your static front page?

Regards,
Kharis

Hello @GeorgePist,

Pop up image gallery isn’t part of the Sydney’s core feature. I guess you are using gallery plugin. If so, you should consult to the plugin author.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello, I have a problem with setting my-front-page. Here is my website www.flyworx.kz. I go to /Customize/-> /Static Page/-> choose /My-front-page/, but unfortunately, the setting gets reset and nothing changes. I tried to reinstall the theme, but the problem does not go away

Please try to temporarily disable all plugins except Page Builder and Sydney Toolbox and try again.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis,

I found out that the problem causing the missfunction of the photo gallery was solved as i have deactivated the plugin Simple Lightbox and replaced it with Envira Gallery Lite.

You’re welcome George! I’m glad to hear you figured that out.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

I was able to set the front page only when I deactivated Polylang plugin for translation, so now it seems that we have to find another plugin for website translation

Hi, I have a problem with responsivnes on mobile. My page is www.superhumanbiology.com (Web page is not ready, only start with building it, but found this problem with displaying on mobile devices)
Is here anyone who could help me with this.

I found a great answers here from Kharis Sulisti, but till now not working for me.

Thank you

Hi Andrej,

I visited your site, I found your site is loosing the Sydney’s main stylesheet. Please try disable code compression/optimization. If it doesn’t change anything, you’ll need to delete deactivate your Sydney theme temporarily, delete it and then install and activate the fresh one.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for quick response. I was about to delete theme but it gave me option to update theme. So I did it and now everything look great on mobile. :slight_smile:
Where I could find (Sydney’s main stylesheet?). Only want to know if update fix that.

One more big Thank you and have a great Sunday :slight_smile:

The main stylesheet is in the style.css file.

You’re welcome!

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Mod,

Please I am having problem with my page. I used Sydney theme but it got to a point “our services” menu dispersed , only showing white background on the spot it should have been. Also, the menus have refused to appear on the front page. I have disabled all the plugins and tried everything I could, but no solution. Please kindly help me look into it.

Hello @foursquare,

Since this topic has been marked as resolved, please open a new ticket through this form. We’d be more than happy to assist you from your own topic as it would be much easier to track progress and this support forum will be well archived.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,
My website front page is now in duplicate with HTML code showing up. The blog page is a mess as well.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello Aileen,

I visited your front page and blog page and they appear to be going fine. Have you been able to resolve the problem? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Kharis