Sydney theme problems

hi,
i have some problems with my site (www.albertolucchi.com):
-the mobile version doesn’t fit the images of the homepage slider
-in desktop version the menu bar is not aligned whit the logo (is too high)

• in customizer i set no sidebar(full with articles). articles are ok, categories (like portfolio) quite ok, but pages (like Photo) doesn’t take full width.
    -categories also show on the top Category:[name of category], if possible i want to hide this text

thanks a lot

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

> The mobile version doesn’t fit the images of the homepage slider

The homepage slider image is a background actually. By default, its background size property is cover which behaves to scale the image as large as possible and maintains image aspect ratio (the image doesn’t get squished). Indeed it doesn’t meet your need. To achieve your objective, try to to add the following custom CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px){
  #slideshow{
    height: 300px !important;
  }
  .slides-container .slide-item{
    background-size: 100% !important;
  }
}

You might need to adjust the slideshow height in the particular narrower viewport width.

> In desktop version the menu bar is not aligned whit the logo (is too high)

Try to add the following code. Adjust the value accordingly.

#mainnav{
  margin-top: 30px;
}

> categories also show on the top Category:[name of category], if possible i want to hide this text

Try to add the following

.category .page-header{
  display: none;
}

I hope this reply helps.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

thank you so much, everything works great! (5 stars are not enough for a service like this :slight_smile:
what about this point?
– in customizer i set no sidebar(full with articles). articles are ok, categories (like portfolio) quite ok, but pages (like Photo) doesn’t take full width.

Hello there,

> thank you so much, everything works great! (5 stars are not enough for a service like this

Glad to know it. You’re welcome.

> … but pages (like Photo) doesn’t take full width.

I noticed that the Photo page http://www.albertolucchi.com/works/ uses the default template. Try to edit it, go to “Page Attributes” box > “Templates” dropdown option, then select “Full width”.

Let me know how it goes.

P.S.

If you found our replies useful enough, could you please rate our Sydney theme here? If you don’t mind, of course. I would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

thanks Kharis, of course also this one works great!
now its very close to absolute perfection(!!!) even if i’ve started just few weeks ago without any knowledge about wordpress… this is the prove of Sydney’s simplicity (and it’s also beautiful and FREE!)
already rate :wink:
thanks again

Hello there,

> the best theme found in wordpress, for free.
great structure, flexibility, and great support forum… if you can think it, they can do it.

Thanks a million for the 5 stars and review! They are very mean for us.

You’re welcome.

Thanks for creating with our product.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hello,

I also use Sydney theme and am very happy with it. The only problem i have is that the Hero section on my frontpage doesn’t work in the mobile version. I used the Site Origin Hero widget, because i can customize that widget a little bit more than the slider section (2 buttons for example), but it doens’t work in the responsive site. I already used the CSS codes given in some topics. What am i doing wrong? And is there anyone who can help me? Thanks so much!

My website is www.illustratiegalerie.nl.

Dirmia

In addition to my previous post, it seems as if the image of the hero-section doesn’t adjust to different screen sizes.

people, i user SYDNEY in my site. ISHOP-MASTER.COM.AR and i have a problem withn my front page, the header, not the slider, show on top of the slider, this only happens in my front page, since i disabled slieder on other pages. But in cas ei do activa slider in other pages, the header (TITLE, TITLE DESCRIPTON, MENU BAR) always show on top of my slider, what could be wrong here?

Hello,

I just set the Sydney Theme but the part “Theme Options” doesn’ appear.
Please could you help me ? How could I personnalise it ?
Thank you very much !!

Claire

Hello,

I just set the Sydney Theme but the part “Theme Options” doesn’ appear.
Please could you help me ? How could I personnalise it ?
Thank you very much !!

Claire

Dear Claire,

Please go to Appearance > Themes > Customize. Doesn’t the customizer work there?

Regards,
Kharis

Hello good morning,
Please my site slideshow just stopped working this morning. The Theme used in the site is Sydney theme and the slide is no longer working. What could i have done wrong Please reply. This is the address www.capiong.org

Hello @ebukacaius,

I visited your site. The main slider is working fine. Have you been able to manage it by yourself? Please confirm.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

I need your help.
(I’m french and i try to speak an understanding english)

I use Sydney under my website : www.sstpro.fr
The loader time is very very long, like a bug.
I use wp minify and wp super cache. I don’t think that is a cache problem.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Dear Kharis,
I am new with wordpress. I used Sydney theme to design my website www.uturuonline.com and I noticed that it does not display well with mobile phone. Both the menus and the icons. Please advise me on what to do to make it to display well on mobile phone.

Hello @andyomeire,

The icons seem to be displaying fine here on my phone.

Cloudup

Have you been able to resolve it?

Regards,
Kharis

I am attempting to install Sydney theme and child on a localhost server, but any instructions I find are not clear and ambiguous.
Can you point me to a step by step install instructions?
Do you know of a good source for installing and using WordPress as I’m struggling?
Regards beeman37

Hello there,

Please read the Sydney documentation here: https://athemes.com/documentation/sydney/

> Do you know of a good source for installing and using WordPress as I’m struggling?

WordPress codex provides some useful resources.

Regards,
Kharis

How do I get my Sydney Pro into Wordpress?

I bought Sydney Pro and in Wordpress I still have the free version as a theme!

Thanks!