Sydney theme causes search engines to associate Sydney with site searches

Hi. My question is not related to the theme itself and to Wordpress, but to how search engines are seeing your theme.

We’re using Sydney Pro. Thank you for it. It’s amazing.

We are a small business. Our highest hits from search engines is when people are searching for a term related to our business, but in Sydney (Australia). We are located in the US, so clearly search engines are not reading the site correctly.

Are there any recommendations or best practices that you can point us to, to address this issue with search engines?

Thank you.

Hello there,

Maybe your site’s footer credit hasn’t been changed yet? By default, it contains “Sydney”, that completely reads like this:

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Sydney Pro by aThemes.

To manage it, from your site’s dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize > Extra options > Footer credits.

Regards,
Kharis

No, that’s not it. I removed that long ago.

I was able to tell Google / Bing to only search in the US via geo targeting, but still…

my site is ***** in case it helps.

I found default demo text still be indexed by Google.

You have to contact the support department of Google/Bing to completely remove it from search result history.

Regards,
Kharis

Rock and roll. You are the man! I should have caught that. Glad you’re here with excellent support!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis