Sydney Pro Theme update screws site

After just updating the Sydney Pro Theme on a customers page the page doesn’t load any more (WP 5.6.1 update not done yet).Elementor update to version 3 also not done yet - still 2.9.14. I only see the moving dots for “page loading”. Current version Sydney Pro: 2.0.21

Warning : Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/34/d395482380/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheBaldCoach/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/updater/theme-updater-class.php on line 116

Is there anything required to get the lates update running?

Looks like the update of Sydney Pro kills my site!
Switching to any other theme gets it going again. Any idea?

www.baldcoach.com

Cheers, Timo

Updated all other PlugIns / WordPress and Elementor to latest version - Problem remains.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into an issue. I am happy to help out.

I will check this with our development team. Thank you for reporting this.

Meanwhile, can you try disabling WP_DEBUG mode from your website’s wp-config.php file and retry updating the theme one again? And let me know whether it helps or not.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis, I appreciate you help!
Currently the wp-config.php has no WP:DEBUG entry … but just to be sure I entered

“define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);”

in the config file.

Since the elementor update (yes, I’m aware it’s critical) “only” screwed the “popup-maker” functions (yes - it still works with other themes) with version 2.0.21 … the latest Sydney Pro update prevents the complete page from loading. Since it’s a productive customer version I can’t put it “Offline” for days (It’s not highly frequented currently so a short period of time for testing is OK) … In case you let me know when you might check for problems with the latest sydney version I could install the update for a certain period of time …

Cheers, Timo

Hi,

Alternatively, you can try this plugin to help manage WP_DEBUG via your website’s dashboard.

I have reported this to our development team and we don’t have an ETA to address this since we have had some urgent priorities. However, we’ll be updating you as soon as the newer update for Sydney Pro is available, that contains a fix for this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

Just to confirm, the site breaks when you move from 2.0.21 to the latest version (2.0.29)?

If that’s the case, you can create an account for me with this plugin so I can investigate as this is probably specific to your website: https://wordpress.org/plugins/temporary-login-without-password/
You can send to vlad[at]athemes.com

Yes … The popupmaker links on the page for some reasons stopped working after wp and elementor updates but when you update SydneyPro to 2.0.29 nothing works any more.

Done … Thx!

Please recheck, I haven’t received the login link. It’s vlad@athemes.com

Hi Vlad, just resend it manually via Email …