Sydney Pro Tasty / Restaurant Update --> php errors

Hi Support Team,
hope you doing well.

I updated a page today to the latest Sydney Pro Version and WP 5.6. Beside some smaller issues like empty fonts sets and wrong fonts sizes, I now have some php errors/warnings. Maybe you could tell me how to solve it?

And a second thing occurs - maybe correlated to the php issues - the menu bar is after scrolling down and back up again overlaying the contact info bar. It worked fine until the update.

I would appreciate your awesome help again :wink:

Page: www.heuriger-dreimaederlhaus.at

php warning/error:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/.sites/89/site2857254/web/wp-content/themes/tasty/inc/customizer.php on line 12 
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/.sites/89/site2857254/web/wp-content/themes/tasty/inc/customizer.php on line 13 
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/.sites/89/site2857254/web/wp-content/themes/tasty/inc/customizer.php on line 14 
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/.sites/89/site2857254/web/wp-content/themes/tasty/inc/customizer.php on line 15

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into troubles. I am happy to help out.

Empty fonts sets and wrong font sizes.

You’ll need to reselect your fonts from Customizer and do other settings as needed. Please note that the selected font weights are available for your fonts.

And a second thing occurs - maybe correlated to the php issues - the menu bar is after scrolling down and back up again overlaying the contact info bar. It worked fine until the update.

To fix it, try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
      #aktuelles,
      #kontakt {
        scroll-margin-top: 90px;
      }  
    }

PHP Error: wp-content/themes/tasty/inc/customizer.php

Edit the tasty/inc/customizer.php file and replace the entire code with this.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,
thanks for your help.
Unfortunately the provided CSS Code did not help. Menu Bar is still overlapping the contact info after scrolling back up. But please see my other topic only related to this issue.

The php issues are better dealed with separately here :wink:

Due to the new php file a lot of customized things do not work anymore properly, e.g. color settings, heading fonts “Bernardo Moda” etc.
I added the fonts following this topic: Adding Non-google fonts to Sydney customiser

It worked fine until the update to latest sydney version. I looked into my child-theme css and there is the entry for custom font face. But I can not use the fonts anymore.

As a workaround I now packed the following css into Customizer/Additional CSS. Is that fine in your opinion?

@font-face {
font-family: “Bernardo Moda”;
src: url(‘font-face/Bernardo Moda.ttf’) format(‘truetype’);
}

@font-face {
font-family: “Bernardo Moda Bold”;
src: url(‘font-face/Bernardo Moda Bold.ttf’) format(‘truetype’);
}

@font-face {
font-family: “Bernardo Moda contrast”;
src: url(‘font-face/Bernardo Moda contrast.ttf’) format(‘truetype’);
}

@font-face {
font-family: “Bernardo Moda Semibold”;
src: url(‘font-face/Bernardo Moda Semibold.ttf’) format(‘truetype’);
}

/* Body font */
body,
#mainnav ul ul a{
font-family: “Bernardo Moda”, sans-serif;
}

/* Heading font */
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, #mainnav ul li a, .portfolio-info, .roll-testimonials .name, .roll-team .team-content .name, .roll-team .team-item .team-pop .name, .roll-tabs .menu-tab li a, .roll-testimonials .name, .roll-project .project-filter li a, .roll-button, .roll-counter .name-count, .roll-counter .numb-count button, input[type=“button”], input[type=“reset”], input[type=“submit”]{
font-family: “Bernardo Moda Bold”, sans-serif;
}

But I don’t understand, why the childtheme style.css is not working properly anymore. I also doubt, that the child style.css is not equivalent to the additional css in customizer. Should that be that way?

And another thing appeared: If I change the main color in the customizer to my desired color and log out, the color is switching back to the tasty standard color yellow.

Hi,

That’s totally fine as long as you can supply the font URL correctly at the lines that look like this:

src: url('font-face/Bernardo Moda.ttf') format(‘truetype’);

Replace font-face/Bernardo Moda.ttf with a valid font URL.

The problem might be with your child theme’s functions that can’t call the style.css file of child theme. Can you share your functions.php file to gist.github.com and link it here, so I can check it?

Active cache usually forces the web browser to load the cached version of your pages when the recent changes weren’t applied. So, you should flush cache each time adding some changes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I have the font-face included in the child-theme folder in a separate folder called font-face. So, the internal URL should be ok, or?

Cleard cache several times, turned it off, changed color again and again, after logging out, the main color switches back to standard color yellow.
I now packed additional css code into the customizer, because I only see the yellow color at the button border-color. it is working, but I guess that is not the solution for this error. There must be something happend during the update to the latest version of Sydney, I doubt. Somewhere is the hook wrong and gets overwritten everytime, I guess.

#mainnav ul li.tasty-reservation a, .owl-theme .owl-controls .owl-page:hover span, .owl-theme .owl-controls .owl-page.active span, .roll-team.type-b .team-social li a, .roll-socials li a:hover, .roll-socials li a, .roll-button.light:hover, .roll-button.border, .roll-button, .roll-icon-list .icon, .roll-icon-box .icon, .comment .comment-detail, .widget-tags .tag-list a:hover, .blog-pagination ul li, .hentry blockquote, .error-wrap #search-submit:hover, textarea:focus, input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="datetime"]:focus, input[type="datetime-local"]:focus, input[type="date"]:focus, input[type="month"]:focus, input[type="time"]:focus, input[type="week"]:focus, input[type="number"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, input[type="url"]:focus, input[type="search"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="color"]:focus, button, input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], .archive .team-social li a, .latest-news-wrapper.carousel.style2 .meta-post a:hover {
border-color: #337d5d;

}

Hi,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
      .site-header.fixed {
        margin-top: 55px !important;
      }
      .site-header.fixed.float-header {
        margin-top: 0 !important;
      }
    }

It would be better if you raise seperate topics for your other questions to avoid endless threads here. Please use one topic for on question, so we can help you in a better way.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support