Sydney Pro header phone number

The number works when you click on it in safari but not google chrome. I have not tried any other mobile phone browser. I want it to make a call when clicked on. How do you fix the google chrome issue? A lot of people use google chrome on their mobile phone.

Hello there,

It looks like Chrome couldn’t read your number format as a phone number. To fix it, you’d need additional jQuery code. Please try to do the following steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box

(function($){

if( $('.contact-phone').length ){

var getText = $('.contact-phone').contents().filter(function() {
                    return this.nodeType == 3;
                  }).text();
    var tel     = '<a href="tel:'+getText+'">'+getText+'</a>';              

$('.contact-phone').html('<span><i class="fa fa-phone"></i></span>'+tel);              

}

})(jQuery);

1. Update

It might require flushing your web browser’s cache to see the code addition takes effect.

Regards,
Kharis

Since you rejected my emails, I will reply again… This does not work. I downloaded the plugin and put in the code. What is the solution to this matter?

Hello there,

Please share your site URL here, so I can inspect it directly. Make sure the code I suggested remains there.

Regards,
Kharis

I will not communicate through email. You have given me 2 bogus email addresses to contact you. To give up? Can we solve this problem???

Hi Scott,

Please use the code I suggested on this thread.

Regards,
Kharis

Per the emails when you were responding earlier in the posts to my emails:
The plugin was downloaded and the code does not work. I need you to look into this deeper…

Hi Scott,

Thank you for updating me.

I noticed your site’s code is minified. Please disable it and try to do this again. As sometimes minification prevents any change to take effect on the frontend.

Regards,
Kharis

I am having problems with Sydney Pro creating pages, and when I do, the heading displays “Archives: Page Name”. Also, I am trying to put a Sydney slider widget in a row and it does not display the content in a slider. Specifically to Sydney FP: Testimonials slider but it works on my home page… solve this problem before we get back to the phone number on chrome issue. I wasn’t able to create a page at all without errors until I disabled the TC Javascript plugin you recommended. Once I deactivated the TC Javascript plugin, I created a page but cannot get the described above problem corrected. Got any ideas for this before we go back to the never ending problem with the mobile phone dialing?

I have deleted all rows and widgets to start from scratch and my website still shows the content too. look into this,

Hello there,

For your other new query, please post it on a new topic (as it doesn’t relate with the current topic) to avoid endless discussion. So that we can assist you in better way and will be easier to track progress. Please attach your page URL.

Regards,
Kharis

I did before you posted your delay

Back to this problem. I cleared the caches and deactivated the minified and deleted tc custom javascript then reinstalled it. I still had the code in it. I then activated it then logged out to try the phone on google chrome. It does not work. what next?

I am sorry. You might won’t believe this, but your site is still minified. Please try to do the following steps:

;(function($) {

'use strict'

var phone = $('.header-phone').html().replace('<i class="fa fa-phone"></i>', '');
   var email = $('.header-email').html().replace('<i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>', '');

$('.header-phone').wrapInner('<a href="tel:'+phone+'"></a>');
   $('.header-email').wrapInner('<a href="mailto:'+email+'"></a>');

})(jQuery);

1. Update

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

It worked on chrome as long as I disable the three optimizer plugins that were minifying the site and only activate 2 of them. On safari mobile not desktop, it now shows two phone numbers at the top??? This needs to be addressed. Click on one of the phone numbers and it shows a code the other makes a call. Chrome does not do this.

When I put the code in tc custom and activate the minifier plugins, the phone number doesn’t work but if I go through the steps again and leave the fast minifier plugin deactivated it works. Any suggestions to maximize the minifying? I got these plugins through doing speed tests and suggestions to minify more.

We now have a different problem same subject

Hello there,

Please replace the custom jQuery code I suggested with this one:

;(function($) {

'use strict'

if ( navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone|iPad|iPod/i) ){
      // Do nothing  
   } else {
     var phone = $('.header-phone').html().replace('<i class="fa fa-phone"></i>', '');
     var email = $('.header-email').html().replace('<i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>', '');

$('.header-phone').wrapInner('<a href="tel:'+phone+'"></a>');
     $('.header-email').wrapInner('<a href="mailto:'+email+'"></a>');   
   }

})(jQuery);

> Any suggestions to maximize the minifying?

Please share the download link of the minifier plugin you are using, so I can try it on my test site.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi

How can I make the email address on the top of the page clickable so when someone clicks on it , it goes on my contact page?

This is my website:

Thanks

Hello there,

Try doing these steps:

;(function($) {

'use strict'

if( $('.header-email').length ) {
     var contactPage = 'http://lincolnshinedental.com/contact/';
     $('.header-email').wrapInner('<a href="'+contactPage+'"></a>'); 
   }

})(jQuery);

1. Update

Regards,
Kharis