Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized

Hi,

I’ve been getting a failure to update the theme for a while. We run a child theme from it. It has upgraded in the past, but seems to’ve gotten stuck at v1.27.

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Theme Sydney Pro (1/1)
Downloading update from https://athemes.com/edd-sl/package_download/MTQ4NDI0ODA3Nzo5YWNhNWU4MDE3NDBhMTU4OWQ2NmJmYmQ2YmQ3Mjk2Yjo3NTk1Mzo3MjI5OTExNjE3NGViMGM3ZTY0Nzk3NThjNDlmZjE3NTo=…
An error occurred while updating Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized
Disabling Maintenance mode…

I’ve tried copying and pasting my license key into the license area in wordpress, but it doesn’t seem to have any impact.

Your help would be most appreciated!

Hello Thomas,

Please try to do the following.

Go to your WordPress DashboardAppearanceTheme License → delete the License Key and click Save Changes → enter the License Key again and click Activate License → click Save Changes → try to update the theme once again.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

So, I delete the key. Then I click save. But then the code — the wrong code that is not our license key — that was in there somehow magically reappears in there again.

Do I need to go into the theme to inc/updates-admin.php and change the $license to something? The wrong code is in there. I tried making it the new code, but that failed too. I also tried deleting it, but that didn’t work either.

$license = ‘foo’;
and I also tried
$license = ‘’;

But I only enough PHP to be dangerous, so maybe I did that wrong.

That folder also has a file called “updates-admin-old.php” that I don’t know anything about.

That should read:

$license = 'foo';
and
$license = '';

And I did it for both instances of the $license bit, but no dice. But again, I don’t know PHP very well.

Hi,

There shouldn’t be any need to alter PHP files. Send me an admin account please at vlad[at]athemes.com and I’ll investigate.

Sent, along with a separate email.