Sydney Pro demo can't be imported and landing page doesn't show

Hi, I’ve tried two times importing the demo, one manually one using plugin, but both time failed partly. It said many files import failed. Now the front page is like this:

Why can’t the demo show up? What to do? If I can’t make it work, I’ll have to request money back. Thanks.

Hello,

Please check this tutorial, it might help:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, thanks but this is too complicated for me. I don’t know how to do the FTP thing. The question is the demo can’t be imported. Can you fix that?

Doris

感謝您的支持!
『文昭談古論今』網絡政論節目
網站:wenzhao.ca
聯繫:wenzhaocomment@gmail.com

Hello Doris,

Did you check this video?

Did you try to click the Save button?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes of course! I’ve tried whatever I was able to do, following your documents.

But I’m kind of disappointed at this point. Your theme is not the only theme I’ve tried. But this is the first time that I’ve shot out 3 emails and get nothing solved. I’ve told you that your demo couldn’t be imported though I’ve tried twice following your instruction. This never happened to any other theme I’ve used.

If you can’t help me have your Sydney Pro demo installed on my end today so that I could customize my site, I’ll have to request a money back as I don’t have much time just do this back and forth communication without any progress.

Thanks,
Doris

感謝您的支持!
『文昭談古論今』網絡政論節目
網站:wenzhao.ca
聯繫:wenzhaocomment@gmail.com

Hello Doris,

I don’t think that it’s a demo import issue, some warnings are normal. However, you didn’t mention what exactly you were getting after importing so I can’t tell for sure.

You can make sure that front page is imported and set as Front Page in Dashboard > Pages section. There should be gray “- Front Page” after blue page name if a page is set as Front Page, also you can check it in Settings > Reading section.

Also you can try to activate a default theme (for example Twenty Seventeen) and check if you see the home page in order to check if it’s a Sydney Pro theme issue or not.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

I have done all you mentioned in your email. This is what I got after import failed. (You only allow one image upload as a new client.) Can I give you my log in and you set up the demo for me?

『文昭談古論今』政論節目
YouTube channel | Facebook
wenzhaocomment@gmail.com

Hello Doris,

Those warnings are normal if you don’t have WooCommerce plugin installed. Everything was imported except WooCommerce demo content if you got only those warnings.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Ok. But why doesn’t the demo front page show? Can you solve this for me?

This is the 5th email I’ve written and still got nothing solved.

Hello Doris,

I’ve just checked your website once again an the front page seems to be okay (and it was okay at the time when I wrote my previous answer), so is this issue already resolved?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, the front page you saw is other theme. I told you I have problem using your theme.

『文昭談古論今』政論節目
YouTube頻道 | 臉書專頁
wenzhaocomment@gmail.com

Hello Doris,

I can’t see this problem neither on my local Sydney Pro install nor on your website. I also don’t see it on Sydney Pro demo site.

You can try to rebuild your website in a staging environment or locally and see if it works as it should (then you will be able to move rebuilt website to production environment). Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Here are helpful tutorials:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

After many back and forth email and get not a single problem resolved, I am asking my money back. Attached is the receipt. Thanks.

『文昭談古論今』政論節目
YouTube頻道 | 臉書專頁
wenzhaocomment@gmail.com

Okay Doris,

I notified the person who handles refunds.

Kind Regards, Roman.

– Please reply above this line –

Hi,

I’m sorry for the poor experience. It shouldn’t be that hard to get up
and running with the demo content. I’ve refunded you.

Charlie