Sydney Mobile Menu Plug in - Menu button issue

Hi all,

I have the above plug in and am very happy with the site and how it looks BUT when viewed on a mobile, the menu button, top right, stays in place and as its three black bars on a white background, it doesn’t look great when you are scrolling down. I will try and include a screenshot here so you can see what I mean.
I would like the mobile menu button to stay at the top header really or if it has to move down and remain on the screen, have it as three black bars and remove the white square background - help!

Thank you in advance.

Site is www.propertypoint.co.uk and its when viewed on mobile or tablet. I am not super technical - I know, you are shocked :slight_smile: so please help if you can.

Hello JPSLond,

Sydney theme has a mobile menu by default. However, mobile menu button is white and you are using white background, so the button is invisible. Please try to do the following.

1. Deactivate the menu plugin that you are using now.

2. Add the following CSS code in order to change mobile menu button color from white to black.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#masthead .btn-menu {
    color: black;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman,
that leaves a black box and I would like to have an arrow graphic of some sort so clients know what the button does - can you help me with that too :slight_smile:
Thank you

Roman,
could you also advise me how to remove it altogether so I can compare how it looks please?

JP

Roman,
I put that code in the Additional CSS box and still don’t have a visible menu button when I deactivate the mobile menu plug in?

Hello JPSLond,

1. I’m not sure what arrow graphic you mean. Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots? You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

2. You wrote “remove it altogether”, can you please explain what you mean by “it”?

3. I don’t see that CSS code applied on your website, is it still there?

Kind Regards, Roman.