Sydney main menu colour not changing

Hi, I have tried the many methods of changing the main menu colour on the forums including:

#mainnav ul li a, #mainnav ul li::before {
    color: #5b5b5b;
    }

and

.site-header.float-header {
        background-color: black !important;
    }

I have added the code in both Wordpress > Customising > Additional CSS and using a Custom Javascript plug in.

However, the menu is fine on mobile and appears fine in the Elementor editor but still shows dark blue when viewing the page in browser (I have tried multiple browsers and private tabs).

I had managed to get this to work in an Xampp environment and had copied all settings across to the hosted setup but without success.

The dev site is dev.wryvodka.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us and asking about our theme Sydney Pro. I am happy to help with your queries.

Can you try this code and let me know your views?

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
      #mainnav .menu > li > a {
        color: #5b5b5b;
      }
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Not sure if you got my direct reply.
Hi,

That has changed the colour of the menu text but not the menu background.

This is what I’m trying to get to.

This is what I have at the moment.

And this is what the code you just provided produces (i.e. grey text top right).

The top version ( the one I need) is produced in a local Xampp environment. I have copied across all settings to the hosted environment but for some reason can’t get the main menu in black. However, the mobile version is OK using the mobile setting.

Steve

This has worked…

.site-header {
    	background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6);
    }
1 Like

Great!

Glad to hear that you got the code. And thank you for sharing it here. I really appreciate it.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support