Sydney incompactibility with BUDDYPRESS

Good day athemes,
Please I know that this question may be out of place but I am pleading for help because I have done a lot of configuration on Sydney theme and wouldn’t want to relent at this point and go back.
Atheme is a great theme as I have been working on it on my localhost using xamp to use it for a project I have at hand.
MAIN FUNCTION OF THE PROJECT IS:
• A LANDING PAGE FOR VISITORS
• LOGIN PAGE/LOGOUT PAGE
• DOWNLOADS
• PAYMENTS
• CUMMUNITY NETWORK (USING BUDDYPRESS AND BBPRESS)
Sydney seems to meet all requirements EXCEPT for the buddy press part;
The challenge is in the buddypress part, after installing and configuration I have found that the
In the group discussion portion the “comment” and “reply” buttons no longer working so members cannot comment or reply to other member’s comments, Initially I thought that the buddy press installed had a bug. After much research I was told that the theme slider is clashing with buddy press slider according to the post here,
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/group-discussion-comment-and-reply-buttons-no-longer-working.
So I went to this directory C:\xampp\htdocs\cunaa\wp-content\themes\sydney\js\main.min
Commented on this code:

// $(function() {
// $(‘a[href*=#]:not([href=#],.wc-tabs a,.activity-content a)’).click(function() {
// if (location.pathname.replace(/^//,’’) == this.pathname.replace(/^//,’’) && location.hostname == this.hostname) {
// var target = $(this.hash);
// target = target.length ? target : $(’[name=’ + this.hash.slice(1) +’]’);
// if (target.length) {
// $(‘html,body’).animate({
// scrollTop: target.offset().top - 70
// }, 1000);
// return false;
// }
// }
// });
// });

This seems to fix the problem but it now created another problem.

1. The call to action button no longer slide slowly
  2. If there is an update for the theme it will override the settings.
    My request is how to solve these issues without losing on update and with my call to action in the front page working.
    Any help regarding this issue by a MODERATOR will be highly appreciated because I don’t want to start over again with another theme because I like the ease of use and sleekness of Sydney by atheme .
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Osayomore Ogbemudia.

Hello Osayomore,

Thank you for letting us know about this incompatibility.

I have already reported it.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.