Sydney FP Widgets not working well with Polylang

hello everyone,

I have a Sydney website. I am using a polylang plugin – the website exists in English (default) and French. From time to time (far too often), the FP Widgets of the Sydney template such as employees, latest news or services are displayed in French on the English website and vice versa. Sometimes all text is displayed well but most of the time the Sidney template widgets are displayed in a wrong language (sometimes only 1 out of 3 widgets is displayed in a wrong language etc.)

When I click on the widget in Page Builder, I cannont set the “The widget is displayed for: “. If I set it to “English” or “French” once I update the page it turns back to “All languages”.

Can there be a plugin conflict? Or is there some problem with configuration of polylang?

Thank you very much for help

Hello there,

Please make sure that you are running the latest WordPress, Sydney theme and Polylang plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

thanks a lot for your answer. I have updated everything and will carry out some tests now.
Thanks for your tip!

Best regards

Kamila

Hello,

So I have updated everything and the problem still persists. The theme’s widgets appear in English when they should appear in French and vice versa…

Thanks in advance for help

Kamila

Hello Kamila,

Thank you for updating me.

Does it happen on all widgets or just particular ones?

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

It happens with all Sydney FP widgets that we are using: Employees, Latest News and Services. Call to action widget works well it seams.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
Kamila

Hello Kamila,

There is still a limitation on those widgets. I am afraid. They can’t fetch the posts with associated language has been set. Other alternative solution might be:

You need to categorize the entry items of those post types (Employees, Post and Services). It can be assigned by editing it and select/create a category in the “Categories” metabox. Assign “French” category for French entries. Then in the widget option, enter that category slug in the filed that says “Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show posts from all categories.”.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

thanks for the tip! I was thinking of doing this before. And I think this option really works. The thing is that in blog posts the categories are public, everyone will see it. But French and English are good category names, thank you! I will do it and see if it appears well this time. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Have a nice day

Kamila

Hello Kharis,

Suddenly it started to work well, until now, I have the same problem as before… I tried to assign the different categories to different Services and it is still not displayed correctly… What can I do? Is there any other solution?
thank you very much

The interesting thing is that the mobile version displays it correctly…