Sydney FP: Facts on mobile device not working properly

Hello,

Thanks for a very nice theme, I’m soon done with my page and doing some last checks on functionality.

On computer screen all seems to work well. On mobile screen I have two issues:

1. The Sydney FP: Facts does not show. It shows a white square where to content should be.

2. The contact page (if have just an email), the email does not shrink to mobile size and you have to scroll to see the whole text. It is the only page I have found so far where you need to scroll to the side on mobile.

Name of site: www.ediblecommandments.com

Thank you,
Best regards
Jonas

Hello Jonas,

1. Please edit you home page, edit Sydney FP: Facts widget (not row), expand Design section, clear Background Color, save your changes.

2. Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

body.page-id-445 #panel-445-0-0-0 .textwidget h2 {
    font-size: 4vw;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

Both worked like a charm. Thank you :slight_smile:

I do have another question as well,

I use the custom css plugin to do changes in css, I also have a child-theme but I have not done any changes in the editor file of it. Are both necessary?

I do believe I installed the child-theme due to the fact that every “how to make your wordpress” site tells you to get one. What will happen if I now delete my child theme and only use the custom css plugin?

Best regards,
Jonas

Hello Jonas,

Since WordPress 4.7 CSS code can be added in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS section. So if you will make only CSS changes, then you don’t need neither plugin nor child theme. However, please note that if you decide to use parent theme then you’ll have to configure it once again, because each theme has its own options storage in database.

Kind Regards, Roman.

How do you make the facts appear in two columns rather than one coloumn when on viewing on mobile? Is this possible?

Here is a link to my website.

thanks

Hello websitecamberleyyfc-org-uk,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    div.widget_sydney_facts div.panel-widget-style > div {
        width: 49%;
        display: inline-block;
    }
}

By the way, it is better to create your own topic for your question to keep forum in good order.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I need help fixing my Sydney Facts from glitching. When you visit my page, my number for my facts start glitching and hits a number with 10 decimal points. Can you tell me what to do to fix this.
My Website
http://watchesreports.com/about/

Hello @mattc65,

Please check these topics:

Kind Regards, Roman.