Sydney footer widget contact info text color

I have been able to change the color of the phone number using this CSS snipit:

.sydney_contact_info_widget {
color: #ffffff;
}

But the email address doesn’t change to the same color. Is it because it
is a clickable item?

How does one change the color of the email address?
And the phone and email icons are not changing color either.

Thank you, Daniel

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, to the page where you have that email address for what you would like to change it’s color, so I can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Unfortunately, the site is not public yet. I’m building this one in Wordpress to replace one that is now public.
I’m using the stock Sydney: Contact Info widget supplied with the theme. I’m only using the
phone number and email fields. The phone number changes as expected, but the email does not.

I can repost this topic once the site goes public.

Hi,

Ok, if you’re sure the email is a link inside the contact widget, then this CUstom CSS should change it:

.sydney_contact_info_widget a {
color: #ffffff !important;
}

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

That worked. But it did not affect the phone number, so I put this line to
keep the phone No. white:

.sydney_contact_info_widget {
color: #ffffff;
}

Also, the icons to the left of each are still unaffected–they are blending into
the background.

Thank you, Daniel

Hi,

I must inspect your website in order to give you working solutions for those, please upload your website to a test server and post a link to it here, so I can help you to change those colors correctly.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I will have the site up in couple of days–it’s almost finished. I’ll repost this once
it is up.

Hi,

Ok, please post a link to your website, when you’ve published it, so then I can help you with the color issues.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi, I’ve tried hard to sort myself but can’t …

My problem:
I changed colour of text in footer using the normal customise feature within theme, however i would like the headers on my footers a different colour to the text. I managed to find this code to change the smaller type to white within Contact Footer, but cannot change it in Footer 2,

#sidebar-footer .sydney_contact_info_widget div,
#sidebar-footer .sydney_contact_info_widget div a {
color: white;
}

Is there a similar piece of code i can apply to ‘Customise, Additional CSS’?

Thank you

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so I can give you a Custom CSS to change the color in secondary footer area too.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba, site just gone live Saturday, thanks for responding, it is: www.newcastleelectricalltd.com

Hi,

You can change the color in the secondary footer area too with this Custom CSS:

.site-footer a {
    color: white !important;
}

.site-footer {
    color: grey !important;
}

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi thanks for helping, however that changed the colour of text at very bottom:
“Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Sydney by aThemes.”

What i was looking to change was the small type in Footer 2. Just to clarify in case i wasn’t clear, I have changed the footer type colour using the normal method within theme (to orange), would like the header to remain orange “NEWCASTLE ELECTRICIANS”,

but the following smaller type to be white,

“NEWCASTLE ELECTRICAL LTD FOR ALL YOUR NORTH EAST ELECTRICAL SERVICES.
We do free estimates, we’re fully qualified, fully insured, well priced, and above all, we’re safe!
© Newcastle Electrical Ltd 2017. Nothing on this site to be reproduced without permission.”

Grateful for any help. Thanks

Hi,

Ok, sorry it wasn’t 100% clear for me what you wanted to change, you can change the sidebar footer’s text widget’s paragraph color with this Custom CSS:

#sidebar-footer .textwidget p {
    color: white !important;
}

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

That worked. Many thanks.

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi, I tried this on hidden but after implementing the code I’m getting a different result. Do you know how I can get the complete footer (widget) black?

Hi Ryan,

I can’t see the Custom CSS applied to your website, but it should works, please make sure to add in in the first line in wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS and clear your cache if needed, if that still won’t work, please give me an admin access to your website in a Private Message, so I can check why the CSS isn’t applying to your site.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Ok, if it worked … I have send you a login

Best regards, Ryan

Hi, do you have acces now?

Greets< Ryan